PDA

View Full Version : Hammer issues.

Teilyr
03-27-2003, 06:18 AM
I'm having some serious issues with my hammer.. The first tile posistion of the down strike is all the way on the left side of the 16 pixel box.

But, when I swing the hammer, it appears right over my guy's head.

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/teilyr/zelda009.GIF

It's like it has an automatic push to the center of the grid. Any ideas as to what I can do, aside from making my character right handed?

ShadowTiger
03-27-2003, 08:33 AM
Move the player's hand to the left. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :shrug:

Of course, that is a bit early in the assessment. :sweat:

Can you flip the hammer file horizontally, and see what happens from there? Yeah, take it to the extremes, Teilyr. :thumbsup: Maybe it'll reverse itself.

Teilyr
03-27-2003, 08:46 AM
Well, I would move the guy's hand but, I can't draw well enough.

As for H flipping it, I've tried all posistions on the grid. Everything is pushed 5 pixels to the left. There NEEDS to be a way to turn this push off, as some people want to use left handed characters.

Making my char right handed will be avoided as much as possible.. I want uniqueness.

System Error
03-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Uhh...most people use Link, who's a frickin' lefty. Don't say right-handedness isn't unique...it may not be in our world, but it is in the ZC World.

Teilyr
03-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I was kinda tipsy when I wrote that. My guy is right handed.. I don't wanna make him left handed.

Questwizard88
03-27-2003, 07:13 PM
What about just adding a quest rule that does an h-flip along with the v-flip for items like this?? Either that, when the item editor comes out, maybe those boxes will be checkable.

Teilyr
03-27-2003, 07:23 PM
Well, you can H & V flip from inside of the weapons/items sprite editor... Though, they don't seem to do anything.

Besides, the problem lies in ZC.. This 5 pixel push messes up the perfect lining up that I was able to achieve with the tile editor.