PDA

View Full Version : How Dracula Became a Part of AGN...

Dracula
03-26-2003, 09:36 PM
I remember in the middle of March, 2001, Spring Break... It wasn't the best Spring Break, but I did et something fun out of it... Just a normal day... Meaning I was bored as hell... Well, I came to a strange decision to go to Barnes & Noble Bookstore... I thought of getting another Stephen King novel or something to keep me busy... I got myself a copy of The Stand, and then I decided to look around in the magazine section... Then something caught my eye... A gold and black plastic cover with Pac Man on the front... Well, gee, that would catch a lot of gamers' eyes, now wouldn't it... It was the 200th issue of Computer Gaming Monthly, and there were two discs included. I looked at the back of the cover, as it stated free games and demos included... Looking at the list thay had, I saw at the very bottom of the list: Zelda Classic... My first thought, "WTF?" Well, I bought the magazine, and as soon as I got home, I popped in one disc. I looked at all the downloads available... I downloaded some demos, some full games, then I downloaded Zelda Classic, not knowing what the hell it was at the time... I played it... I was in amazement, wondering how a perfect copy of Zelda could be right here, without an emulator... Damn, I stayed up, just to play the game I loved for years... Well, then the next day, I decided to take a look at Zquest... I was still impressed, but even more confused... Frustrated, even... Well, then I decided to ask questions at the link it provided... www.armageddongames.com... I looked around, finding a few answers, looked at Alphadawg's tutorial, so I went and signed up on the forums... Signed my nickname, Dracula... Well, gee, March 26, I was AGN's newest newbie... Asking dumb questions about Zelda Classic and Zquest, and showing off my obsession with Castlevania... I got to understand things better, I got all my questions answered, which was the only reason why I signed up... But, by some strange force, I was addicted to AGN... and I still am... Thank you all for a wonderful 2 years here at AGN... :)

now, quick, someone tap the keg!!!

Xyvol
03-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Well happy anniversary! Glad you've enjoyed yourself. But I never knew Zelda Classic was on a magazine's demo disc. I just came across it while surffing the net.

MottZilla
03-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Congrats Drac. =) I think you are most definitly the official castlevania fan for AGN. ;)

Rijuhn
03-27-2003, 01:07 AM
Happy 2nd anivesary(sp?). Man, I've been playing Wind Waker so much that I'm having trouble typing. It's taking 4 times as long as it should to type this. I too found AGN indirectly, my way was through a download acceleration program back from late 2000.

And then I somehow got addicted to AGN 2 months after I joined in May 2001. The whole summer of 2001 I was constantly reading gaming info, flame wars and all sorts of things. Life was great back then. The innocence of youth, how I long to return.