PDA

View Full Version : NO clue where to put this so.....

firebug
03-25-2003, 06:11 PM
ok... im having a little trouble with agsetup. ive got agsetup 1.1 and its not liking my computer... im trying to setup my midi driver for zelda classic because for some inane reason when i first ran it, i only set up the joystick.... anyways.. heres the problem.. when i double click it, my screen goes black for a good 30-45 seconds. at first i thought my comp had froze, so i ctrl+alt+delete, and exited. tried it again, waited, got it to run. ok, all good so far... then i clicked on autodetect.. it said it detected my card (soundblaster) and all that good stuff, so i clicked ok. then my screen froze. seriously. i control+alt+delete, and right before the box pops up, agsetup starts to work again. then the box pops up, and agsetup is minimized, and i click cancel, and my screen freezes. FUCK! i cant do anything at this point.. the mouse wont move, ctrl+alt+dlt wont work.. nothing. so i cold boot it and look in my ZC folder, and ive got an ag.cfg file in there. im thinking kewl, it worked.. so i start up ZC and go into a game. nope. ive got sfx, joystick compatibility, but no midis. i dont know what the problem is.. ive gone through and done it about twenty times, also manually selecting my sound card, and being forced to coldboot my comp every time. is there another agsetup that wont fuck with me so badly? or is there anything i need to do beforehand or what?

mikeron
03-25-2003, 06:30 PM
I have no idea. :(

Try here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26).

Blonde799
03-25-2003, 07:17 PM
I don't think you need agsetup anymore. Running ZC or ZQuest(1.92 beta 180+) already does what agsetup should do, right.:)

firebug
03-25-2003, 07:44 PM
got it. thanks guys ;)