PDA

View Full Version : Tiles...

Windfish
03-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Hi Im new here and I was wondering is there a way to scroll through tiles? It seems that I can't get to some tiles. I know about combo pages but is there another way? :confused:

firebug
03-25-2003, 04:56 PM
im not quite sure what you mean but... if you want to set new combos (including the tiles for them) you need to rightclick on an empty combo slot somewhere in your combo pages and then click on the combo picture in the subscreen that pops up in order to edit the tile for it. if you mean just looking at the tiles in quest>graphics>tiles, you should be able to scroll through tiles (and pages) with the arrow keys, and scroll through pages only with your pageup/pagedown keys... i hope this helps some :)

idontknow
03-25-2003, 05:04 PM
um...you should start at alphadawg's zquest tutorial @ zeldaclassic.com

However, I suppose that i can try & answer your question here to be nice:
1. Tiles are what you set the combos to look like.
2. Edit tiles by going to Quest-Graphics-Tiles.
3. Edit a tile by right clicking on it & then going to edit.
4. When done editing the tile, click ok. Then click done.
5. Combos are what you put on the screen-not tiles.
6. Combos appear on the right side of the zquest screen. Click on a combo to select it & then place it anwhere on a screen as desired by clicking anywhere in a screen.
7. To edit a combo, right click on it.
8. Here, edit the combo property & also can select the tile is uses, the number of animation frames, animation speed, & the next combo it would cycle to, if any.
9. When done editing the combo, click ok.
10. To scroll through the combo set on the right, hold control while pressing the pg down button on your keyboard...
11. Also, you can go to etc-options.
12. Check the "mouse scrolling" option. Then click ok.
13. Now, you can hold the mouse on the combo set near the bottom edge of the screen to scroll through the combo set.
--any questions?--

Freedom
03-25-2003, 08:01 PM
to scroll through the tiles hold shift down and push page down

Windfish
03-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Thanks Guys! The shift & page down thing is what I needed. Again,thanks. :)