PDA

View Full Version : Oh, I might be...

Jojo
03-25-2003, 02:09 PM
posting in the wrong place, forgive me. I have again downloaded the beta version, I seem to have everything I need, but when I try and play it I can't get past the title screen. With 1.90 all I did was press enter, I have tried several times and been surfing around trying to find an answer, but with the search option disabled, it's a big job.

Can anyone help? *smiles*

firebug
03-25-2003, 02:25 PM
hrm.. i just press enter and it works fine for me.. im using beta 183 ( i assume you are also, unless you DL 182) try setting your buttons up slightly differently and see if it works.

Jojo
03-25-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks firebug, the set up for the keyboard was completely different then the ones I was use to with 1.90. I just went and looked at what I had and seemed to be 182? So I took all the files and shoved them into a folder, when to a linked site from JayeM's Quest archive, downloaded the player only, and when it said I was missing files I moved them over from the folder. Now everything seems to be working great *HUGE SMILE*

Seems a bit sluggish, could be my old puter.

Now to see if a custom quest is gonna work *crosses fingers* carrot red, for when you read this, yep, a custom quest is working fine and until I receive your list of "Must Plays" I'm bopping around in DFW's revamped first quest *S*

carrot red
03-26-2003, 04:21 AM
While you're at it and since it seems to work, try downloading the 163 too, in a seperate folder of course.
Why did you download the 182 and not the 183 that is a lot more stable?

Jojo
03-26-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between the 160's series and 180's. Some sites list the version as 1.9* and some at a 1** number, it's a lil confusing and from what I could figure out 183 was the newest and just a player which was all I though I really needed to play the beta quests.

carrot red
03-26-2003, 11:24 AM
Yes, but some quests made in the 163 seem not to work so well in the new one. At least that's what I'm told.
The difference is new things added for the quest maker, hence showing in the quests you play.

Jojo
03-26-2003, 11:38 AM
So far DFW's 1st Quest Revamped is working fine, I think I'm gonna wait and see what happens cause it was 163 or 182 that was giving me all the trouble before ;)