PDA

View Full Version : Ain't used since 1.90...someone care to explain a few things?

LORD APOCALYPSE
03-25-2003, 10:46 AM
I haven't used zquest since 1.90, i remember the last big thing was animated combo's and a brief excursion into layers. So wanting to play around again i downloaded all these new fancy beta things. Then i noticed there was a windows one. Um...when did that happen?
Do we have windows zquest then? So i booted up said windows thing and after a few errors things seemed to go ok, opened a beta quest thing had a look around...saw rain...RAIN?!?! When did THAT happen? We now have weather features? Though i'm guessing that it's layer related to work it?

So, big question, what exactly can be done now? I'v seen pictures of other people's work and is it just me or have we got more colour sets?
Any nice people care to bring me up to speed a bit.

p.s. Any enemy editor yet?

Tom
03-25-2003, 01:44 PM
There is a grabber utility to make your own sfx files but no enemy creater. There is also slashing from la and leaves out of bushes. There is also tall grass which you can cut and see the grass at your feet if you know what i mean. Shadows on enemies like bats etc. and ripples on shallow water. And i think there are some new bosses and enemies eg. a fire spitting lots of heads dragon type thing (i cant remember the name for all these oh well) and some different types of wizrobes (is that it?) eg. a bat one, a fire one and a wind one. Hmmm theres probably loads others and get the 183 player from the hidden duality post in quest discussion you might have to go through a few pages though.