PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of skunk smell?

Foxy
03-25-2003, 05:35 AM
Last night a skunk got attacked or something under our trailer, and it sprayed all over the place and then (most likely) died. We haven't been able to get it out yet, but that's the first thing we'll try to do later this morning.

However, the whole place reeks and I can't even sleep because it's making me sick. Short of opening all the windows and freezing our butts off, is there anything you guys know of that we can do to minimize the smell? I realize that we're going to have to deal with this for a couple of weeks as that's how long it takes for the skunk smell to completely go away...but I swear, if I have to smell this for two weeks like this I'm going to be really, really sick. This is horrible.

Can anyone help????

Blonde799
03-25-2003, 05:48 AM
First of all, remove the source of the smell. Then make sure to air out the house, then spray acidic solutions(such as diluted vinegar) on the affected places. You can also use chlorine bleach or ammonia on inanimate objects.

Here's a page (http://www.havahart.com/nuisance/skunks/skunk_odor.htm) with more info.:)

moocow
03-25-2003, 03:06 PM
You mean... Breaker crawled under your trailer and died!

OHMYGOSH!

*cries*

Jigglysaint
03-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Rumor has it that tomato juice works, but then again I'm unsure of the validity of Tiny Toons...

tgf_guy
03-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
Rumor has it that tomato juice works, but then again I'm unsure of the validity of Tiny Toons...

That's mostly for getting skunk odor off of people. It's best to do what Blonde said and use some mild acid cleaners on the affected area.

Raichu86
03-26-2003, 01:26 PM
We have a similar problem: A skunk keeps coming along and spraying. Every other day, the whole house smells like skunk. :sweat:

Maybe I'll try some of these techniques to get rid of the stink.

SquishyMon
03-27-2003, 02:01 AM
Have you tried gasoline? :)