PDA

View Full Version : problems with LttP sfx.dat

xorxif
03-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Hi my major problem is that I really liked the LttP sfx.dat that was working in beta 163, but its been a LOOONG time since i played zelda classic.

So lately I was surfing and remembered zelda classic and saw they have new beta is out, specifically 182

So I tried downloading the LttP sfx.dat from several places, the one that is about 2.78 Mb or so

When I try to start the program the error message it now gives is "cannot open sfx.dat" and the program doesnt start

I was wondering, is there a working LttP sfx.dat for beta 182 and above?

Also, I wanted to get the sfx.dat for Mario's Insane Rampage, cuz it looks really cool, but Zaggarum's yahoo briefcase doesn't allow access so I don't know how to get those either...
Thank you for any help anyone can provide.:confused:

- xorxif:confused:

Cronic
03-24-2003, 08:05 PM
I'm pretty sure that Insane Rampage uses the default sound effects, but I could be wrong :shrug:

xorxif
03-25-2003, 03:40 AM
More specifically, I tried to use the grabber utility to get all the LttP sounds out of the big sfx.dat that works in b163, but it says unable to open file :confuse2:

I tried and tried to find somewhere that has all the individual sounds contained in the LttP sfx.dat, but I couldn't... Maybe someone can point me to the sounds themselves, if not a completed sfx.dat?

Thanx again for any help anyone can provide...

Teilyr
03-25-2003, 04:35 AM
Ya know, someone really needs to make an sfx.dat directory. We were going to do it a PZC, but they're so large that downloads would just rip our bandwith to shreds.

Xorxif, the problem you're having comes from the fact that the SFX coding was changed between 163 and 182.. So now, none of the 163 sfx.dats work.

I can email/aim a copy of the 182 sfx.dat to you, if you'd like. I'd put it on my site, but it's just so large, and I use alot of bandwith with my image linking.

ShadowTiger
03-25-2003, 09:21 AM
Why not use a Geocities account? They have 30 MB of space, and they're pretty secure. They don't have very good remote Linking, but if you're not willing to take the trouble to log in to view the files, .......... :eyebrow:

Tom
03-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Hmm i'm sorry but i dont understand why it wouldnt be working just go on the website and type in Zaggs_Music for the name and zaggarum for the password. It also has an alttp sfx file but instead of having the normal alttp sounds for attacking, dieing and getting hurt it has the gba oot sounds.

Teilyr
03-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Because... They make me paranoid.

I don't trust folks not to change my password. :shrug:

xorxif
03-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Well at this time of day (6:16pm PST) I was able to open zaggarum's yahoo briefcase and get the 4 sfx.dat files he has. His LttP sfx are based on the GBA version.

Many thanks to Teilyr because he sent me the REAL LttP sfx dat usable with 182 and above, based on the SNES version.:D

To those reading this:
As we have a tile database, should we not also have a sfx.dat database? Just a suggestion, thanx:thumbsup:

- xorxif

laughing1989
03-25-2003, 10:21 PM
Nope. Not enough to go around. Best to keep those on support webpages. sfx.dats are cool and all, but it would be a waste of bandwithe and such other things.