PDA

View Full Version : 75th Academy Awards

Paradox
03-23-2003, 11:10 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/oscars/

the list looks pretty good so far. i've been watching it on TV.

spirited away winning best animated feature is a huge insult to disney, since they didn't advertise it at all. ^_^

Fiyerstorm
03-24-2003, 12:13 AM
/me gets all Spirited Away and stuff

lol. I haven't seen it but it looks good..

Go Catherine Zeta-Jones!!

LotR: TTT won 2 awards so far I believe...

Mander
03-24-2003, 02:00 AM
Nicole Kidman got best actress. You go girl.

Maverik X
03-25-2003, 02:01 AM
Did anyone see Michael Moore (the fat guy who won best documentary for "Bowling for Columbine") What a riot!

AlmostAngel
03-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Im out of the loop not knowing when the Oscars were on.... :eek: I know when American Idol is on though - caught it for the first time just recently. I watch it whenever my sched allows soley for Simon. I might not always agree but dang. Hail. King of brutal honesty.
:D

Beldaran
03-25-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm boycotting the Oscars soley on the grounds that they suck and give awards to shitty movies.

Paradox
03-25-2003, 05:29 PM
i just realised this was my 200th thread :D

this is the first year i watched the oscars entirely. i didn't like chicago winning best of the year, but i'm not the judge, and i haven't seen half the movies they nominate for various awards. next year will be cool though, with reloaded and revolutions both out.

Ultra22Lemming
03-25-2003, 09:48 PM
Chicago got nominated for 13 Oscars and got 6 Ocsars .... holy shit.

TheGeepster
03-26-2003, 03:32 AM
I heard about the Michael Moore thing. I think I even heard the audio of it, including the boos and stuff. Perhaps the free market even works in Hollywood after all, eh? I've never been particular interested in the Oscars though, so I don't feel like I missed out on much.

carrot red
03-26-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
I'm boycotting the Oscars soley on the grounds that they suck and give awards to shitty movies.

...and this year was no exception!

AlmostAngel
03-26-2003, 12:36 PM
I never see half the movies that are nominated for the awards. What the frig is The Hours?

It wasnt even in theaters in my city until after its nomination...whats up wif dat.

:tongue:

Foxy
03-26-2003, 01:01 PM
The hours is about a bunch of lesbain-type women sitting around and just complaining about their lives and stuff. Not that good in my opinion.

/me shrugs

And is it just me...or has anyone else noticed that since Moulan Rouge won all those awards and did so well, that musicals are coming back into style? Wonder what will be next!

But nothing, and I mean NOTHING compares to Nichole Kidman and Ewan McGregor singing and dancing to awesome music.

:D

AlmostAngel
03-26-2003, 05:31 PM
Speakin with friends on this topic reminded us that Monstersball or whatever wasnt in the theaters really either....I know movies play first in NY and LA at premiers and whatnot but still...hard to enjoy the awards when you dont know whos getting them - or when the one movie you're prevvy to loses :tongue: haha :D