PDA

View Full Version : Shopping, of the Photo variety.

The Savior
03-23-2003, 09:24 PM
After talking with MSU, we both agreed that it'd be cool if I could give out mage points for the winners of the contest each week(ish). Starting this contest, the first place winner will get 5 and the second place winner will get 2.

Jemsee:
http://photoshop.theplustwo.com/pics/32jemsee.jpg
Savior:
http://photoshop.theplustwo.com/pics/32savior.jpg

Breaker
03-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Wow, did zaphod do something to deserve getting his neck completely chopped off?

MrCow
03-23-2003, 10:43 PM
both are gay horrible... take time to remake them k thx

DarkDragon
03-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Of the two, Jemsee's is superior, although the "jedi" on that one poster is amateurish.
As for the mage point rewards, perhaps only the winner should get point, and should get an amount of points (1-5) based on quality, as judged by the AGN public: in addition to naming their favorite, each member replying to a photoshop topic can also give a 1-5 vote for how good they think the piece is; the winner's votes can be averaged to determine the number of points awarded.
I believe such a system would be more equitable since, to start with, if only two people submit photos, it seems ridiculous to award two points by default to someone who could just crank out a random pos in ten seconds. Allowing people to vote for the first-place prize would undercut similar laziness and encourage high-quality edit jobs.

Gerudo
03-23-2003, 11:40 PM
wouldnt be so bad if they didnt take 10 years to load...

i like jemsee's

Dark Wolf
03-23-2003, 11:50 PM
as do i.

Jemsee
03-24-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by DarkDragon
Of the two, Jemsee's is superior, although the "jedi" on that one poster is amateurish.
It was supposed to go with the word "council" under it.

As for the mage point rewards, perhaps only the winner should get point, and should get an amount of points (1-5) based on quality, as judged by the AGN public: in addition to naming their favorite, each member replying to a photoshop topic can also give a 1-5 vote for how good they think the piece is; the winner's votes can be averaged to determine the number of points awarded.
Good idea but how to work it with a poll?
Not everyone who votes also responds. What you are suggesting would require some sort of reply.

I believe such a system would be more equitable since, to start with, if only two people submit photos, it seems ridiculous to award two points by default to someone who could just crank out a random pos in ten seconds. Allowing people to vote for the first-place prize would undercut similar laziness and encourage high-quality edit jobs.
It would be a nice system. I like the idea of getting Mage points.
There is a sort of system Savior has now at the PSP website where you get more or less points for what you do.
God forbid I get anything for nothing (as I keep one eye on my kazaa dl).
Actually I think the Mage Points are to try and encourage a little more submissions.
I truly did not know that they would be awarded this time around.
If it gets more people to submit then that is good.
You all don't know the number of pics I have sent to Savior and they were not even posted, there was no contest.
Come on peps, its one thing to say lets do the voting this way or that, but if there is nothing to vote on what’s the point.
I might once in a blue moon turn out a good pic, maybe most suck, so what...it's still fun...at least it is for me.

:tongue:

J.J. Maxx
03-24-2003, 01:59 AM
So where's the new one?

The Savior
03-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Jemsee

Actually I think the Mage Points are to try and encourage a little more submissions.
I truly did not know that they would be awarded this time around.

I didn't know they would be awarded this time. As I was getting the contest ready, MSU PMed me with the OK to give out points, so I decided to give them out. As for awarding the points to get some more submissions, that is exactly the idea. Lately I feel that I've just been posting the contest for Jemsee and to a lesser degree myself.

Originally posted by Several People
Savior, your's sucks like a Chinese whore! Yes, I'm aware of that. I just wanted there to be a vote this week, so I quickly made one.

Originally posted by J.J. Maxx
So where's the new one?

Hehe, I knew somebody would call me on that. As soon as I shut off the computer for the night I realized I didn't post the new picture. here (http://www.clove.com/images/kid+dog.jpg) it is. Due next tuesday.

The Savior
03-26-2003, 10:21 PM
The voting period has ended, so:
5 >> Jemsee
2 >> Savior

I know this is double posting, get over it.

inori
03-27-2003, 07:04 AM
By the way, if you want me to keep score of these points, you should PM me about them. Otherwise, I guarantee I'll forget. (This includes this week.)

The Savior
03-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Will do, inori.