PDA

View Full Version : Innocent people hurt by war...

Fiyerstorm
03-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Some people might be freaked out by this but if you think you can handle it then go ahead and click...

http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-22-26.htm

Gerudo
03-23-2003, 06:29 PM
its not THAT bad, but queezy people need not apply...

Maverik X
03-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Nasty. And very unfortunate. The boy with the crushed skull hit me the worst.

*shudders*

cyberkitten
03-23-2003, 06:53 PM
these things happen. but i wouldn't put too much stock in anything al-jazeera reports.

AtmaWeapon
03-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Al-jazeera is the one that calls us the aggressor, so expect to see such from it.

Mander
03-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Al-jazeera also published the photos of the dead soldiers. Not very nice at all. They were sickening in fact.

C-Dawg
03-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
Al-jazeera is the one that calls us the aggressor, so expect to see such from it.

Uh... well, they call us the aggressor because, well, we ARE.

Anyway, I'm not seeing any propoganda coming out of Al Jazeera that isn't flying around with as much spin as american news is putting on it.

However... some arabic newspapers are spitting out headlines saying that we're dropping Atomic Bombs on Bahgdad next to poorly photoshopped pictures of Bush as a vampire... now that's just silly. At least American news tends to work with facts as they exist or just ignore things. I dont see them making things up very much.

-C

Drunken Tiger
03-24-2003, 03:06 AM
Its always bad to see people hurt.. -_-'' No matter who they are... especially the innocent..

TheGeepster
03-24-2003, 05:56 AM
I suppose it's a matter of whom you trust more C-Dawg.

I place more trust in a country that has the power the US has, but has had more restraint in its use than many would like us to believe, than a country who had a mere fraction of the power, but abused it in offenses against neighboring countries and its own citizens in an egregious way.

AtmaWeapon
03-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by C-Dawg

Uh... well, they call us the aggressor because, well, we ARE.

Anyway, I'm not seeing any propoganda coming out of Al Jazeera that isn't flying around with as much spin as american news is putting on it.

However... some arabic newspapers are spitting out headlines saying that we're dropping Atomic Bombs on Bahgdad next to poorly photoshopped pictures of Bush as a vampire... now that's just silly. At least American news tends to work with facts as they exist or just ignore things. I dont see them making things up very much.

-C

We are the aggressor, but not in the sense Al-Jazeera portrays us. They feel we are attacking Iraq for little more than expansionist policy. Al Jazeera puts plenty of spin on what they show. Go hunt down that video of the interviewed and executed soldiers. Not only does Al Jazeera ignore the Geneva Convention, it glorifies Iraq for mistreating its POWs.

Oh, here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/from_our_own_correspondent/2058253.stm), here, (http://web.amnesty.org/ai.nsf/print/MDE140082001?OpenDocument), and here (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3284-614607,00.html) are the real people being hurt.

Ich
03-24-2003, 01:16 PM
The government should use their channel, and hack their website to display pro US messages, and condemn the Iraqi government for its corruption of the word of "Allah" etc. And the link didn't work, maybe the government has already hit the site.

VashdeStampedo!
03-24-2003, 04:54 PM
That could be considered a war crime, since it's an independant network, and not a direct part of the government/military. Of course, I wouldn't put it past Dictator Bush to do such a thing. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks anyhow.

MottZilla
03-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Their server fucking sucks. It won't barely even load the page. Ofcourse someone is probably DoSing their server cause they hate them, which is fine with me.

TheGeepster
03-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Dictator Bush? I know you don't think highly of our president, Vash, but try not to stoop to name-calling.

For one, public sentiment is squarely behind the president on this one. For two, he has gone through all the legal procedures in regards to this war, including votes by Congress. And last of all, he has the prerogative as Commander-In-Chief to run this war as he deems necessary.

He and his staff have made a legitimate case for this war, based on both national defense and humanitarian relief of the the Iraqi people. They have worked as much as possible with the UN Security Council and the international community to settle this peacefully if possible, and to state his case there as well. He has also tried to reduce casualties where possible. Ours, civilian, and enemy troops who might not support Saddam and wish to surrender rather than die for him.

So how is Bush acting like a dictator? I call his actions leadership.