PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

Smokin' D. Grass
03-23-2003, 12:38 PM
Is the Sims on the PC better, or the new one that's is either out, or coming out, for all the major consoles? I just recently got this computer, and have been dying to play this game, but just as I am able, they put it out on a system I already owned(GCN). So which one should I put my money on? The Sims Deluxe Edition for the PC, The Sims for the Gamecube?

VashdeStampedo!
03-23-2003, 12:49 PM
The console one has a lot of stuff the PC game doesn't have.

Dragon
03-23-2003, 03:08 PM
True the console version of Sims has a lot of stuff that the PC version doesn't have, but the same goes for the PC Version. I like building houses with two floors (PC version), not having insane limits on how much stuff you can put in your house (console version), and frankly despite the new all 3d thing I think the PC version STILL looks better (which is a crime). People will talk about "look at the multiplayer", when PC users could just play Sims Online if they wanted that.

Sims for the consoles does have a few things I do like though. Their Get-A-Life mode is an excellent way to learn all the advanced things you can do in the real game (Play the Sims Mode). Some of the new items are really cool (all I really need from them is the sonic shower), and the fact of the matter is my computer sucks and I spend much more time playing consoles anyway.

Lets not go nuts though, many of the console limits on the Sims take away from the games greatest draw (Supreme open-endedness). If I have a crapload of money... I at least want a second floor on my house, no limits in how much stuff I can cram in there, and to be able to build my own pools (instead of buying pre-built ones).

One last note, has anyone explored the many aspects of murder in the Sims? I have quite the successfull serial killer family in the game.

Aliem
03-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Wll, I dont like the Sims, but I've played both versions, and I can say I liked the PC version more. I've actually noticed that PC versions of console games (I know, I know... Sims was on PC first...) are ussually better. FFVII, FFVIII, GTA:3... All better on PC.

VashdeStampedo!
03-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Plus, no expansions for consoles.

Aliem
03-24-2003, 07:51 PM
There you've got a point. My mom has blown over $100 on Sims games; expansions alone!

Cronic
03-24-2003, 08:02 PM
GCN won't let you use custom skins either.

Personally i th8ink it was idiotic to even try to port this to console let alone the PS2, and GCN :shakes head:

AlmostAngel
03-27-2003, 06:58 PM
It seems like I'm the only one who really hasnt ever played it even though its been around forever (from what I've heard the people who fancy it and the people who dont are pretty evenly devided) but thanks to you guys I know on what device I'll play it on... :D

War Lord
04-01-2003, 01:31 AM
My mom owns it and all the expansions for the computer. However I bought the GC version so my girlfirned and I could play the 2 player coop together.

Kirbypuff
04-01-2003, 06:31 PM
I never played it either. I really want to play it though!

TheOutkast
04-01-2003, 09:45 PM
I have the regular sims that first came out...and friend has the new one on PS2... i really think that the PC is funner, but the PS2 version does have alot more items, things to do, etc. but i would have to say that the PC version is better