PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking a break...

Ganonator
03-23-2003, 05:03 AM
Hey team!

As you might have noticed, I haven't been such a happy poster as I have been for the past .. oh.. 3 months. I'm having some rough times with my existance, and I'm searching for some answers. It doesn't mean I'm going to change my nontheistic views, or reclaim my christian roots, but somethings going to happen.

I need a break. I feel as though I'm officially addicted to the internet. I wake up in the morning, and check the boards. I get back from class, I check the boards. i eat dinner, then I check the boards. Then, until 3am, I check the boards. (just look at the time I posted this.. jeez...)

It might be a week, it might be a month, .. maybe longer. I'll still check my betas and alphas, work on some projects in my spare time, maybe even give a contribution to the AGN community. who knows.

FYI, i will make a post when I officially get my ass capped in the march madness pool, I'll still put down my deposit for the convention. I'm not totally gone, but i need a break to get some things in order in my life.

Take care, folks!!

AlphaDawg
03-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Ganonator
I need a break. I feel as though I'm officially addicted to the internet. I wake up in the morning, and check the boards. I get back from class, I check the boards. i eat dinner, then I check the boards. Then, until 3am, I check the boards. (just look at the time I posted this.. jeez...)Hell, I do that... nothing unusual there. At least you still go to class and eat dinner away from the computer.

Ah well, enjoy your time away...

Gerudo
03-23-2003, 10:47 AM
i usually spend every waking moment in chat talking or browsing the boards... i dont see anything wrong, but to each his own...

cya round Gannonnator ;)

laughing1989
03-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Yeah, cya in a while. :p

carrot red
03-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Hope you'll feel better soon, Ganonator and get back to us.
I don't think you're the only one who needs to put some order in your life, you should have seen at what time I posted matt's second anniversary thing...

VashdeStampedo!
03-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Have fun on your vacation to the "real world". If such a place even exists.

Rijuhn
03-23-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm trying to reclaim my life aswell and AGN has just become a hassle and quite frankly and annoyance with the abundance of ignorance of most of the newer members. I've been getting into shape, and started running on Friday. I feel great now, my legs are sore as a bitch, but I feel great.

I guess I'm not addicted to AGN as much, or video games. Maybe if I distance myself from everything I love I will love it more when I return, yeah, that's probably right.

Maverik X
03-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Hmm. Good luck. Right now, I am on Spring Break. So, I figure I'll be on for quite a bit. I have always been an "in my spare time" guy, and now I will have a lot of spare time. I get to see what your life is like, if only for a week. Hmm.

*cracks knuckles*

Time to get started!

Jemsee
03-24-2003, 01:59 AM
It all has to do with balance.
Something I don't have either.
In fact I ate my two hotdogs right here watching two downloads I had going earlier.
The wife says just do a little at a time, but I can't.
If I'm not on the PC I am thinking about it.
Especially now with trying to get the OotP up.
I feel responsible and still I mess around doing other things.
:sigh: maybe I should join you and take a vacation too.

Ganonator
03-24-2003, 05:36 AM
(adding obligatory response post)

I'm going to see what it's like to only be on the internet (including using MSN, AIM, checking e-mail) to 10 minutes a day. Its a real change, and I have so much free time, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm contemplating a new exercise program, maybe a diet to combat this freshman 15, and go back to work.

I even put the punctuation on the works and took AGN off of my startup page for IE. scary, i know.

to each his own, and if some of you do join me, i hope it all works out for the best

Shadowblazer
03-24-2003, 05:50 AM
In the end it comes down to what makes you happy. While doing any one single thing all the time isn't healthy, spending time doing something you enjoy is nothing to be ashamed of. So long as you can find the time to maintain your health and keep up some relationships with real, live human beings, it'll all be okay in the end.

Every once in awhile it suddenly becomes apparent to somebody that I spend an obscene amount of time working on the boards, and they say something along the lines of "dude, you need a hobby." My response to that would be "You're looking at it."

:shrug:

TheGeepster
03-24-2003, 06:07 AM
May your search for truth and a reason to exist go well, Ganonator.