PDA

View Full Version : Mario:ROTSR By Mega Girl and Yobumcha

MegaGirl
03-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Ok here it is. The Quest (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yobumcha/files/Mario.qst)
Yobumcha and I just made this 1 level demo of our quest. It's called Mario:Redestruction of the Star Road. Yobumcha's doing the Overworld and I'm doing the Dungeon's. For short call it um....RSR. Post ay bugs you find. Oh and the dungeon will be a lot easier if you collect the shell to the right. Hope you like.

jw12454
03-22-2003, 07:42 PM
is it a 190 or 192 b182

KJAZZ
03-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Eyecandy would be nice in the dungeon. Also, a suggestion would be make the King Snifit Bigger. Maybe 2X2 or 3X3. Also, different music for the Boss would be nice as well. It's not great right now, it's not bad, it just needs a little more work. Maybe you should release a demo after Level 3 or 4 is complete..

Pathwalker
03-22-2003, 11:26 PM
MegaGirl: I have found two "glitches" (maybe) ;
1. the posts when returning from the blue pipe area is too close to the left side mario can't swing the hammer at them...
2. The ladder by the boat dock is too short mario can not take the last step to get the mushroom at the top of the rock.

That is all I have found so far but maybe you intended them to be that way. (S)

MegaGirl
03-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Both Bugs fixed. I'll work on the king Snifit. It uses beta 182.

Arathorn21st
03-23-2003, 12:54 PM
IMO, the Fire Boomerang is a little too powerful for the beginning of the game...same with the red candle. The overworld is a little compact...maybe spread the key points (flower shop, Level 1, etc.) out among several screens and add enemies. As for Level 1, it's just mindless Boomerang throwing at endless Snifits. Varied enemies and backgrounds would be nice. I do like your use of the tileset, especially in the overworld.

MegaGirl
03-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Arathorn21st
IMO, the Fire Boomerang is a little too powerful for the beginning of the game...same with the red candle. The overworld is a little compact...maybe spread the key points (flower shop, Level 1, etc.) out among several screens and add enemies. As for Level 1, it's just mindless Boomerang throwing at endless Snifits. Varied enemies and backgrounds would be nice. I do like your use of the tileset, especially in the overworld.

They're Lynles. It would be too hard to just use the regular boomerang. Some of the advanced players might be able to do it,but your average player might not be able to. Lynles (or snifit's in this game.) take four hits to kill the red ones and 6 hits to kill the blue ones. Their Bullets take two hearts. That can kill link in two shots.

Arathorn21st
03-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Granted, with no boomerang this level would be fairly challenging, at least to me. However, with the fire boomerang, as soon as I hit one Snifit I just keep throwing it until it dies. Not very hard if you ask me...
But, it's your quest. :shrug:

MegaGirl
03-23-2003, 10:22 PM
I guess I'll release a challenging version with the other one.;)