PDA

View Full Version : UN Squadron

Beldaran
03-22-2003, 06:06 PM
Dude, I finally beat UN squadron without using Game Genie or Save States.

[pant]

That was so hard! I've been wanting to beat that game since I was 10 years old!

I'm so happy now.:)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, UN Squadron is a side scrolling airplane shooter arcade port for the SNES. It is EXTREMELY FUN.:)

Daarkseid
03-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran

If you don't know what I'm talking about, UN Squadron is a side scrolling airplane shooter arcade port for the SNES. It is EXTREMELY FUN.:)

I know exactly what you are talking about. One of the reasons its so great is that your pilot gains experience as he shoots down enemies, enabling him to fire deadlier weapons and withstand more fire. You also got to choose from 3 different pilots with their own strengths and weaknesses and experience curves.

Definitely a great game thats overlooked.

MottZilla
03-22-2003, 06:58 PM
You should try the arcade version man. It is a great game.

I admit, infinite credits makes it hard to lose, but just put in how ever many you need at the begining to challenge yourself.

I also recommend you try Carrier Air Wing. If you want either, get on AIM and I will send you them.

You also might want to check out Darius Gaiden too. It's a much newer shooter similar to UN Sqaud.

Gerudo
03-22-2003, 07:09 PM
i played this one, i loved it!

btw: the only darius series game i played was Darius Twin...

/me goes to kazaa

MottZilla
03-22-2003, 07:14 PM
You are looking for dariusg.zip and dariusgu.zip I think. MAME and Raine support it.

I highly recommend you use MAME, as Raine's emulation of it is extremely lacking in sound and visual effects.

Cloral
03-22-2003, 07:38 PM
I could never get past the cave level in UN Squadron... the boss there was kinda a bitch. It would always get me when I was trying to get in for a shot (since it clung to the celiling).

Beldaran
03-22-2003, 08:35 PM
ah yes. This was the most difficult boss (except for the end). The trick for me was to save up all of my sailing missles, bullpups, clusters, and mega crushes until the end. Then I just let him have it.:)

AlexMax
03-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Daruis Gaiden kicks UN Squadren's ass, difficulty wise. UNS is still a great game though.

MottZilla
03-23-2003, 04:30 AM
The problem with later shooters though, like Mars Matrix, their whole idea is to flood the screen with so many enemys and shots that you are fucked.

However, Ikaruga, does carry it well, thanks to the sheild flipping system they have.