PDA

View Full Version : i know i'm probably contradicting myself here but...

theplustwo
03-22-2003, 01:17 AM
is anyone else annoyed with all the iraq posts here? i just want this to be a safe haven away from current events i guess, where we can always look to get back to the basics, you know, bitching about computer and video game stuff.

the last thing i look for when logging on to agn is a buch of 'bush sucks' threads and stuff like that. don't get me wrong, i watch the news about iraq and whatnot, but if anyone really comes here for updates on the situation, there is something seriously wrong with that person.

i guess current events will always leak into online chatting, and if my very poor memory serves, i may have recently made a similar thread to this one, but i guess it just irks me sometimes.

VashdeStampedo!
03-22-2003, 01:19 AM
I agree. There should be a seperate politics board.

theplustwo
03-22-2003, 01:25 AM
i don't know. i'm not saying that there should be any boards made or anything, but just that posting the latest update on what's going on in iraq doesn't qualify as a valid thread topic in my book.

also the bad image that people assign to bush annoys me. just because will farrel portrayed him as an idiot on snl everyone thinks he actually is. again, don't get me wrong, i think will farrel is hilarious, but people shouldn't let the media bias them so much, make up your own opinions, don't just repeat snippets of things you heard on tv.

not that i'm decidedly pro-bush or anything, but he is the president of the us, and i think the president should be treated with respect. it just annoys me when people say in passing that 'bush is so stupid' and don't give any reasons, and you can tell by their faces and voices that they don't really know why they think he is stupid either.

VashdeStampedo!
03-22-2003, 01:33 AM
I think Bush is dumb from watching his speeces, not from what anyone else says (Hitlerism? There are already two words for that, idiot). I'm also annoyed by all the threads here, especially because most are anti-liberal or anti-Bush. I'm a liberal, so it's my duty to straighten out misconceptions on those ones, and most of the others I leav alone. So, I'm not helping the sitation, but I also dislike it.

Ich
03-22-2003, 02:05 AM
Perhaps we could set up a short lived hosted forum for political discussion, at least until Iraq etc. subsides.

And if you think that Bush is an idiot, check his transcripts. He did better than Gore in a more difficult school.

VashdeStampedo!
03-22-2003, 02:08 AM
And everyone knows that grades are one hundred prcent accurate. Regardless of his grades, listen to him talk. It's obvious.
Bush may have taken easy classes to Gore's difficult ones. Grades are never enough.

Beldaran
03-22-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by VashdeStampedo!
And everyone knows that grades are one hundred prcent accurate. Regardless of his grades, listen to him talk. It's obvious.
Bush may have taken easy classes to Gore's difficult ones. Grades are never enough.

Grades may not directly indicate intelligence, but they do indicate hard work and dilligence. And The Harvard School of Business is not known for it's easy classes either.

You really have no evidence that George Bush is stupid other than that you disagree with him. I listen to his speeches too and I am filled with pride to be an american when I hear them.

Since Bush is so stupid, and he has a Masters in Business from Harvard with a 3.7 GPA, I am curious to know what accomplishmenst you have and on what authority you call him stupid?

Daarkseid
03-22-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by VashdeStampedo!
I agree. There should be a seperate politics board.

Even if there was a seperate politics board, there would be no guarentee that political discussion would be exclusive to that forum. General Discussion means anything goes, so if somebody wants their topic on the war with Iraq posted here, they'll have it.

TheGeepster
03-22-2003, 04:22 PM
I say if it is escape from politics you seek, then ignore the political threads. If you open a thread and find it's political, hit the back button. There are many threads I ignore either because I am not interested, or it's something I don't want to look at at the moment.

Gerudo
03-22-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
I am curious to know what accomplishmenst you have and on what authority you call him stupid? the same authority for someone with a gun to rob you lind of your possessions...

THERE IS NONE...

you dont need to be a fucking rocket scientist to be able to call bush an idiot...