PDA

View Full Version : Help me with this...

MegaGirl
03-21-2003, 10:06 PM
My project. (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yobumcha/files/) Could someone help me with what's going on? When you enter the dungeon it displays the wrong tiles. Hmmmm.... The dungeon is hard even though it's the first. The Boss isn't quite working. Also I'm trying to make a seperate Dmap called houses. I set the colour to house. It still won't change the colour on the other map. Does anyone know how to get the map to change colours?(oh and the numpad doesn't change the colour.)

Blankboard
03-21-2003, 10:10 PM
well when you set the DMAP you also have to set the pallette... did you do that?.... that always got me.....

MegaGirl
03-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Yeah I did.....Dumb complicated stuff. http://smileys.thehomespace.com/Smiles_files/cloud.gif

Blankboard
03-21-2003, 10:51 PM
then I dont know... sorry

MegaGirl
03-21-2003, 11:10 PM
That's ok. Someone here's gotta know.

Freedom
03-21-2003, 11:35 PM
use the #'s at the top of your keypad, you know, to the left of the backspace key.

then when you find the color you want the screen to be, also add that number in your dmap.

if the screen color is 5 then use the 5 in the dmap color area as well.

If you use the + and - keys to color the tiles in the screen, then they may not look right when you come back and change to that color using the dmap # because it may have offered you different colors that aren't compatable, like the door frames that are inserted with tools>>>doors.

see what I mean?
I'm not very good at explaining this I know.

place a floor tile, and then hit #'s 1 through 0 and see the color changes, then choose the one you like best and add that # to the dmap as well.

MegaGirl
03-22-2003, 11:08 AM
I said the # keys don't work.

Blankboard
03-22-2003, 12:59 PM
well do you use the # pad or the key #s... cuz if ya use the # pad just be sure num lock is on..... and the only reason the colors wouldnt work I would think is because the DMAP color isnt set right... or maybe one of the pallettes got screwed up...... damn wheres a ZQ master when ya need him....

Teilyr
03-22-2003, 01:12 PM
I set the colour to house. It still won't change the colour on the other map. Does anyone know how to get the map to change colours?(oh and the numpad doesn't change the colour.) In zq, go to quest, graphics, palettes, levels. Find the palette that you want to use for a specific screen then press OK. Lay a tile (doesn't matter which one) on the screen that you want to change the color on. Press F4 on your keyboard, and type in the hex number for the palette.

Done.

I'm still trying to decipher what you're saying in the first part... Could you say it again, and try to clarify what you're saying?

Questwizard88
03-22-2003, 01:17 PM
It must be that when link walks into the dungeon, all of the tiles on the screen, or the door combos mess up. My guess is that it's the door combos.

Teilyr
03-22-2003, 01:58 PM
No, they're fine. She's using the mario.qst that VEL released the set on. I'm quite sure that they're perfect, as I checked them myself.

I'll toss this into zc.. See what I can figure out.
Gimme a few minutes.

Edit: Okay, I don't see a problem, if Sniffit's playhouse is your dungeon. That's just how VEL's tiles look.

What I do have a problem with is you putting STAFLOS 2'S IN EVERY SINGLE ROOM. Those things take SIX hits to kill, and the projectile can't be blocked unless you have the magic shield.

What's wrong with you? Were you raised as a sadist?

VEL
03-22-2003, 03:24 PM
I just looked at it, the dmap color is set wrong, the screens in zquest use palette 12 and the dmap uses palette 1. You need to change the palette in the dmap to 12, if you want it to look like it does in Zquest. Right now it is set to use palette 1 which is for houses, but those are different house tiles (there the brown mario rpg like ones).

Teilyr
03-22-2003, 03:46 PM
The man! :D

Thanks for handling that VEL.. I haven't actually tried to use those tiles.