PDA

View Full Version : Bow to the mighty blue hedgehog

jman2050
03-20-2003, 11:53 PM
http://pocket.ign.com/articles/389/389824p1.html

If Sega gets anywhjere close to the goal mentioned at IGN, then Sonic will finally get all the recognition he deserves. Of course that's doubtful, trying to match Pokemon's success is going to be near impossible. But one can dream, can't he :D ?

Aliem
03-21-2003, 12:49 AM
I really hope something takes the place of Pokemon. I really hate it... But, to each his own.

Brasel
03-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Pokemon is dead for the most part from what I've heard. Yo Gi Oh has taken its place.

I don't want Sonic to get annoying. :(

TheGeepster
03-21-2003, 03:07 AM
And YuGiOh seems to make even less sense than Pokemon. The concept of battling pets is easy to comprehend than the premise of Yu-Gi-Oh, which seems to be an odd mixture of Magic: the Gathering and all sorts of fantasy, Eastern religious, mysticism, and other miscellaneous influences. It seems to lack a lot of cohesion to me. And it'll likely be just as over-marketed as Pokemon was. (I've seen Yu-Gi-Oh shirts and more Yami-Yugi covers than you can shake a stick at.)

Sonic, at least, is fairly straightforward solid gameplay. (Different genre too, so who knows if it can be properly compared.)

Fiyerstorm
03-21-2003, 08:42 AM
Hopefully they're gonna use the new look of Sonic, he looks more awesome than ever...

/me imagines Knuckles being bitchy every Saturday morning.

/me drools

satanman
03-21-2003, 01:01 PM
sonic is more popular in US and europe? that makes sense, until I bothered looking at names in the credits, I thought sonic was english/american, it's that kind of thing.
I'll be watchin' that, then ;)
unless its gay...

jman2050
03-21-2003, 01:12 PM
If it's based off of the Sonic Adventure characters and has Shadow in it, I highly doubt it'll be gay :) .

mrz84
03-21-2003, 02:32 PM
shadow is so much better than sonic IMHO. if he's in there, i'll be watchin it. :kawaii:

Ian
03-21-2003, 05:02 PM
OMFG 5 sonic games???!?!?!?!? 5W337!!!11 The sonic show sounds pretty cool, as long as shadow and sonic and knuckles is there, I'll watch it

Kirbypuff
03-21-2003, 09:30 PM
I think the original pokemon game is good to play every few months, but I hate everything else about it.

I remember the old sonic series.

And yu gi oh... the card game is ok i guess... but the tv show is stupid in my opinion.

VashdeStampedo!
03-21-2003, 09:35 PM
Magic: the Gathering actually makes sense, though, whereas Yu-Gi-Oh doesn't. Why the freakin' hell would you have the damned cards come to life??? That's a setup for some spoiled rich kid (who the hell else could afford cards that freakin' summon real monsters?) to get eaten in his suburban home.

TheGeepster
03-22-2003, 12:18 AM
I meant no insult to MtG at all. I do see how it partially inspired Yu-Gi-Oh though but MtG seems to be fairly self-consistent and cohesive to me, even if I don't even come close to playing it.

The concept of Evil Ruler1 vs Evil Ruler 2 battling with armies of evil monsters is comprehensible if you're accustomed to traditional role-playing. The concept of Yu-Gi-Oh seems to be overworked though.

VashdeStampedo!
03-22-2003, 12:41 AM
Oh, I didn't think you were insulting it. It's clear to me, as a past Magic payer, that YuGiOh is based on it.

Kirbypuff
03-22-2003, 07:48 AM
Another thing, Yu-gi-oh is really... ugly. How is it possible for hair to look like that?

MottZilla
03-22-2003, 07:12 PM
It was a secret that Sonic was carrying alot of Sega's weight? lol.

Btw, YuGiOh's "hair" isn't like that. It's a hat dude.... A jester's hat I believe.

TedHead
03-22-2003, 09:07 PM
POKEMON:
Game = Awesome Multiplayer RPG
TV Show = Ok
Movie
1st - Stupid
2nd - Ok
3rd - :D
Card Game = Fun to collect, not to play (I once sold one for $25 :D)

Magic Cards = Fun to play, not to collect.

Yu-Gi-Oh = Stupid in every way.

Sonic = Entertaining for awhile......

VashdeStampedo!
03-22-2003, 10:01 PM
Hmmmmmmm. Good evaluations of Magic and Pokemon games. And Sonic and Yugioh.

MottZilla
03-23-2003, 04:40 AM
I have a pokemon card that is valued around 80$s or so, and the "Charizard" card, first edition foil, is supposed to be worth 300$s I think. I don't know where they got the prices for them, but I never could find anyone to sell that crap to. If I could I'd sell the crap and go buy a new video card and an Xbox.

TedHead
03-23-2003, 09:47 AM
The Charizard is most definitly NOT worth $300. First edition is worth $100, so you can sell it at the store I go to for $50. I had the second edition which is worth $50, so I got $25.

I also have a lot of the promo cards.... including Ancient Mew :D

VashdeStampedo!
03-23-2003, 12:40 PM
That means the value dropped. Way back, like 5 years ago, I collected those, and Charizard was worth that much, and the price was going up a lot.