PDA

View Full Version : First Official Writing Contest! (hosted by SWE)

moocow
03-20-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
OFFICIAL RULES

Anyone signed up at this message board is eligiable. You may enter up to 2 pieces into the writing category and/or 5 pieces into the poetry category. All writing entries must be from 1 to 25 pages long at a 12pt. font. There is no length limit on poetry.

All entries will be judged as follows...

Creativity/Originality - 35%
Flow - 20%
Technical - 10%
Overall - 35%

Judjes are as follows...

Foxygrl

Samson007

Drunken Tiger

gdorf

Short story only:

VashdeStampedo!

moocow

The Savior

All entries are due 4 weeks from today and must be in a file format used by all computers (i.e. .txt, .rtf)

All rules subject to change. Check back here pereiodically.

Okay... so I guess this started two days ago (Tuesday). You can upload your file somewhere and link us, or you can attach it (you have to actually click on the reply button to do that :p it doesn't allow us to be THAT lazy... and to attach it it has to be a txt file, unless you can somehow make it a jpg... which is possible... but still... erm.. anyway...). So... get to writing! Looking forward to reading your work!

The Savior
03-20-2003, 10:35 PM
FYI, us normal people can't attach things.

Kirby of Doom
03-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Is .doc ok? Notepad's kinda messed up - I have it formated for word.

rubixd
03-20-2003, 10:43 PM
i wrote one for school based on UT, can i use that?

moocow
03-21-2003, 02:41 AM
Savior- didn't know that.

KoD- yes, that's fine... just find out a way to upload it, or PM me, and I'll see what I can do.

rubixd- It can be about anything, as far as I know.

Kirby of Doom
03-21-2003, 03:31 PM
Well, I have it uploaded on my site. The link is: http://www.geocities.com/lenny131/LandoftheMagicalBunnies.doc

VashdeStampedo!
03-21-2003, 05:39 PM
So, do I just read all of them that get posted here?

And do I just put what percent they get out of the total for each catergory?

inori
03-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Umm... mooie, don't we already have a thread about this? Up there, pinned to the top of the forum?

Maverik X
03-21-2003, 07:09 PM
I guess this is just for us people who don't want to read through three pages of posts to find the rules. I'm in. (Its a good thing I'm on spring break now. Better get crackin')

Edit: Can I submit a story in two parts and have each part judged independantly?

moocow
03-24-2003, 05:10 AM
I would think so.. if you entered them both at different times. Otherwise, ask SWE.

Rijuhn
03-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Hmm...sounds interesting enough. In fact, if anyone even listens to me, I've started doing some writing for my fantasy novel/RPG storyline. It's something that I can work on during my free time. Right now I have one story that is about 10-20% done, but it might be even longer. Right now it's only 3 pages, but since I'm making it up as I go along it is subject to heavy change.

moocow
03-24-2003, 11:59 PM
Kirby, it says the page is unavailable

Ultra22Lemming
03-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Eh ... mooie, I'm a judge ....