PDA

View Full Version : Wtf..

MottZilla
03-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Lately I've been having really bad luck with CPUs/Complex Electronics.

Windows keeps fucking crashing. When I'm working on one of my games esspecially. Sometimes it's fine, other times it's horrible.

Now I thought, it must be an isolated problem of some sort. Perhaps the software, maybe the cpu is running too hot? It's an AMD Athlon 1800+ running at 1533mhz and averages 40C-45C.

Anyway, now I think, maybe there is some kind of electronic interference, because my DREAMCAST is crashing. Yes, a video game console is crashing... This is when something is up. My room is rather small, and technically has 2 outter walls to the house, although one has another wall on the other side from when the house was added on to. So only 1 wall really is to the outside.

But anyway, does anyone have any idea what could possibly be messing things up? I'm mainly just pissed. It's a BIG problem when you PC keeps crashing when you are trying to develop a game. Then I go to play Ikaruga on dreamcast since I was tired of my PC crashing. Then it fucking crashes. ugh.

moocow
03-20-2003, 09:52 PM
That sucks :(

If I knew what was up, I'd tell ya...

stormwatcheagle
03-21-2003, 10:08 PM
A giant electromagnet?

greedo
03-21-2003, 10:50 PM
next your DVD player will burn out on you...
...it did for me. i was so pissed! it was right during the fight scene in moria in LOR1. it only happened once though...:shrug:

War Lord
03-21-2003, 11:02 PM
No clue, but I do know that those temps are not too hot. That processor is fine up to 90-some degrees, however max standard operating temp is usually no more than 60 C.

AlexMax
03-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Lately I've been having really bad luck with CPUs/Complex Electronics.

Windows keeps fucking crashing. When I'm working on one of my games esspecially. Sometimes it's fine, other times it's horrible.

I can't say it. I won't say it. Too easy.

MottZilla
03-22-2003, 06:23 PM
Then you shouldn't have said anything at all.

Currently everything is ok now.... I swear it's something to do with the area I live in.

Maverik X
03-23-2003, 01:25 AM
Nothin happening here. Sorry dude, can't help ya.