PDA

View Full Version : Importing Help

DarkFlameWolf
03-19-2003, 08:59 PM
hmmm, I find it very hard to align up the tiles so they animate right as a custom boss. (I'm using a bunch of combo animations, etc.) And its hard to see how it moves from tile to tile in animation and its taking forever. Is there an easier way to figure out what tiles flows into the next in a animation of the boss?
Any specific tips?

Cloral
03-20-2003, 12:42 AM
Do each tile of the boss on a seperate row. Then it's more obvious where each animation starts and stops. Or if you have more than one on the same row, make them all start at a consistant location, and leave some space between them.

DarkFlameWolf
03-20-2003, 02:12 AM
well.......its hard to align the import 'box' when using the Grab tool. It seems to want to go to the right when using arrow keys but not to the left, forcing me to realign it again with the mouse, forcing me to loose my 'spacing' I set forcing long minutes finding it again only to screw it up once more, bleh.

Teilyr
03-20-2003, 08:15 AM
Just grab the whole thing at once. Aliging is easier in the editor, as the grab box seems to like to hide the cursor.

ShadowTiger
03-20-2003, 11:45 AM
That might also cause problems, as sometimes sprite sheets aren't quite snapped to the grid. What I would do, is find a common reference point, like try to center any random tile, to what you believe is the actual grid. Now use that as a reference by merely scrolling with the keyboard alone, so the box won't move, and you'll be able to rip effectively. :D And good luck with that, DFW. :thumbsup: We're rootin' for ya.

DarkFlameWolf
03-20-2003, 01:22 PM
there's the problem though BH4, I can easily scroll around with the arrow keys after aligning to what I think is 'the' grid. But it only wants to go to the right, the left arrow key doesn't want to work, thus forcing me to redo the alignment. (its what I said above, but said in a different way) Hope you understand my problem now BH4. Because from your post, it seems like you didn't. :-/

Teilyr
03-20-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure I do either.

Aligning tiles is easy... :shrug: