PDA

View Full Version : Moving blocks

Octorok101
03-18-2003, 04:38 PM
i was playing "Links Treasure hunt" and noticed that you can push the blocks as many times as you want! my guess is that you use the level 2 flags but I am not totally sure how. Would someone mind teling me?

ShadowTiger
03-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Oh. No. Flag #61 can do that.

TheGeepster
03-18-2003, 06:37 PM
There are 3 kinds of blocks out there, secret 1-push, non-secret 1-push, and non-secret multipush, if I recall right.

Octorok101
03-18-2003, 07:03 PM
thanks. Was a little confusing with everyone mentioning the level 2 falgs in just about every post.

idontknow
03-18-2003, 07:04 PM
yeah, the push flags that have the inf. after their names allow the block to be push infinitely unless unless it lands a block trigger flag and it can not be pushed into "no push block" flags

Freedom
03-19-2003, 12:18 AM
So how did Darkflamewolf make the blockpuzzle in level 1 hidden where you have three blocks that have to be pushed into the proper spot before the door would open?

You had one that had to be pushed over and up first I think onto the different colored tile, then the same thing with the other two.

what flags would you use and then what would trigger the door?

Ielen
03-19-2003, 05:21 AM
You need to check Block -> Shutters in Screen Data to trigger the door.

Freedom
03-19-2003, 10:45 AM
I know that , but how do you get the pettern on the blocks?
it has to be done in order, and they move a good distance, then have to be put on the correct tile.

TheGeepster
03-19-2003, 12:28 PM
DFW made use of N/S Blocks (ns, inf) and E/W Blocks (ns, inf) in strategic spots as well as blocks that could be pushed any way.

fatcatfan
03-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Technically, they don't *have* to be pushed in a certain order, DFW just forced it to be that way. When you have a block trigger, all block trigger flags must be "covered" before the resultant effect will take place.

Freedom
03-19-2003, 01:02 PM
I think I follow, I'll play with it a bit.
hanks guys :O)

EDIT:
yep...
got it, that block trigger flag was the key.

Remember the switch buttons that you had to stand on to keep the door open, or push a block on to hold down?
is that possible here?

idontknow
03-19-2003, 05:29 PM
hey..since we have block triggers that need to be covered by a block (or really any pushable combo for that matter), then why not have strike triggers that must be struck like a struck flag but do not activate the secrets until all of them are struck?...if this comes to pass, then actually, we should have flags for each weapon called "<weapon name> trigger" and this would allow for grouped secret triggers...

Blonde799
03-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Freedom
Remember the switch buttons that you had to stand on to keep the door open, or push a block on to hold down?
is that possible here?
Yes, it is. Have the switch become a pit or stair warp, and have it warp you to a room where the door is open/secrets are activated. Also, put a block trigger flag on the warp. In that room, have pits all over the place, to take you back to the closed door screen.

Xyvol
03-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
DFW made use of N/S Blocks (ns, inf) and E/W Blocks (ns, inf) in strategic spots as well as blocks that could be pushed any way.

I haven't had a chance to experiment with all the new features yet. What I want to ask is can you push an inf. block, leave and come back to push it some more? Or will it reset when you leave like a temporary switch?

idontknow
03-22-2003, 07:47 PM
block always return to their original spots...i think...i'll have to doublecheck this one for overworlds...but i'm almost 100% sure that they return to their original spots in dungeon dmaps...sorry...

Blonde799
03-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Blocks return to their original spaces, unless the puzzle was solved. Dungeon DMap rules apply.

Xyvol
03-23-2003, 11:50 PM
How about in caves? That where I was hoping to use them.

System Error
03-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Most likely, they stay that way in Cave DMaps.