PDA

View Full Version : Let the revolution begin!

Cronic
03-18-2003, 03:34 AM
This war may infact be one of the BEST things that could happen for our society...

I'm personally hoping for WW3 in which I KNOW there will be a great deal of disaproval...

What this means is a resurgence of ideas held long ago... Maybe we can finish what the baby boomers gave up on back in the day...

Maybe not, but with things like this comes ideals... Ideals of peace, and freedom.

Expression will flow because people are being pushed into something they don't nessacarily believe in, and ceryainly do not agree with, and with situations like this people innevitably will scream for change, and perhaps make their voices loud enough to hear.

Zaphod Q. IX
03-18-2003, 03:44 AM
pfft...

Doubt it. People these days are too self absorbed and shallow to even care about their fellow man, and such a concept as peace and brotherhood. Hell, even most of the former hippies are ambivelent about this war. They only care about the gas prices.

As for WW3...it'll never happen. Economies and raw material supply lines are far too intermingled and tangled for any government but our own to sustain a full scale war except for our own, and the rest of the world knows it.

This war is going to:

raise our gas prices astronomically
destabalize the middle east even more
increase terrorism to unbelievable levels
and result in the deaths of many, many innocent people

bigjoe
03-18-2003, 03:46 AM
Of course, the fear generated by what happens as the result of this war might make people rethink everything...

Cronic
03-18-2003, 03:46 AM
The shallow mases though will support war, and with any luck die off in droves over it thus maybe leveling the playing field fordreamers like you and I...

If nothing else I really think this generation could stand to be hit hard by strife of some kind, and surely you can agree to that.

No one is innocent in death Zaph... It's the only gaurantee we have, and it's not something we should assign guilt to.

I do hope for a large death toll and whereas that may sound brutish I think the earth itself could stand to lose a few pounds of flesh.

Mander
03-18-2003, 04:25 AM
It amazes me how easily people talk about the death toll of war as if they matter very little. And the funny thing it is usually the same people who are horrified by the death toll in any tragedy. For every one person that is murdered in this war by either side there is a family and a group of friends who will mourn their death. Parents will lose children; children will lose parents. Just remember when you speak of the death toll you are speaking about people not just numbers.
And if there is anyone on this board who has a friend or family member over there my thoughts and hopes for their safe return are with you.

Cronic
03-18-2003, 04:29 AM
People ar emerely numbers, and the numbers are too high in the grand scheme of things.

Population needs control because we cannot control ourselves.

Beldaran
03-18-2003, 04:31 AM
I think the only logical thing in this thread is Mander's post.

Ich
03-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Hmm, when you're thinking about a revolution, study the past or you're doomed to repeat it. Try reading Steal This Book by Abbie Hoffman. It has a guide to the revolution, and how to live off the system. Granted, most of the information in the book about how to rip off stuff is outdated; and many things still don't apply, but the theft chapters are filled with useful advice, and so is the chapter about cultivating your own drugs.

Let's see... Here's a link:
http://www.tenant.net/Community/steal/steal.html

I don't think a revolution is coming any time soon. Just war in Iraque, followed by peace.