PDA

View Full Version : Minesweeper in 3D?

Thunderbird
03-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Yeah, you heard me right. I was browsing the FreeArcade.com game selection and happened about this game. Confusing as hell at first, but it should be somewhat enjoyable :). The mines are planted around a globe which you can rotate.

Unfortunately the option to use the middle mouse button (or both mouse buttons for two button mice) to clear a path in the original is not present here. Gotta do it the long way. You can also hit a mine with your first move.

Without further ado...

3D Minesweeper (beware of popups) (http://ww4.freearcade.com/MineSweeper.jav/MineSweeper.htm)

(EDIT)There's no Custom Field option here either. I'd hate to think how complicated that could get.

Cloral
03-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Interesting...

My complaints?
1) The rotation tools are unwieldy. They could easily come up with something better.
2) They need a more obvious symbol for marked mines. The flags are too small and look too much like the numbers.

slothman
03-18-2003, 05:44 AM
It isn't too bad. Maybe I'll play again later, and win.

Myth
03-18-2003, 07:05 PM
lol i always sucked at that game.. too lazy to use the logic to win.

I like this version, pretty slow but its a bit more interesting than the 2-d original I was used to.

System Error
03-18-2003, 07:44 PM
Very...odd...I'd prefer classic anyhow.

rubixd
03-18-2003, 07:58 PM
I suck at any minesweper, but that site has some other good games!

Thunderbird
03-18-2003, 10:13 PM
As to be expected, Expert is kicking my ass :p. Got Beginner and Intermediate pretty quickly. My current record on Expert is 102 mines left before hitting one (205 mines are in that field).