PDA

View Full Version : Advice and feedback needed.....

PsychoBob
03-17-2003, 04:34 PM
I think I'm going to make a quest based on my college campus. This will be my first quest, so any pointers and advice would be helpful. First I'm going to need a good tutorial.

I think my campus would work well, it has a graveyard near it that could make it onto the map, a rodeo arena, and several buildings (that can become dungeons or cities) that surround a courtyard. Any pointers would be helpful, and bear in mind that this is my first quest.

Teilyr
03-17-2003, 04:39 PM
Sounds like it'd really appeal to people on your campus.

But, maybe not so much to the overall. Your quest though.. Put yourself into it, and you can do no wrong. :)

Tom
03-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Wow why didnt i think of that i could make one of my house its brilliant and i could put my cat, fish, mum,dad,3 brothers and sister in it as bosses. Now all i need is to draw stuff like toilets and baths. I could also make so you could go inside the computer and tv. It's brilliant thanks mate.

carrot red
03-17-2003, 05:54 PM
Pb, Jigglysaint did a quest a while back on 1.90, based on his old school. I think it was called Shady Oaks. You could ask him for help.

Tom
03-17-2003, 05:59 PM
and my school of course thanks

carrot red
03-17-2003, 06:05 PM
Excuse me? I didn't get that last one. PB. means PsychoBob, I was answering his thread.
I'm glad to have helped you, but I don't know how. You're welcome.:shrug:

PsychoBob
03-18-2003, 01:52 AM
Thank's for some of the advice peeps. I'll try to make it more appealing to the masses.

Is there a way I can make a boss other than Ganon? Or Maybe some unique Bosses?

Tom
03-18-2003, 01:55 PM
oh i was just saying it was a good idea and that i might try it and do my house and school and stuff

NerdWarrior
03-18-2003, 06:21 PM
It's a lot of work if you want it realistic...and it's kinda complicated. Your first few quests will suck. Get them over with. Don't make them HD type challenging quests. Make them fun little pieces like Darwin's Return to Hyrule.

System Error
03-18-2003, 06:41 PM
I'm aiming for my first quest to be great and challenging. Of course, I'm learning a lot along the way of course. I know quite a bit about ZC, although I haven't been using it as long as others my have.

PsychoBob
03-19-2003, 03:13 PM
1. Instead of basing it directly off of the school it's only gonna be inspired by it. The dungeons and villages are going to be located where everything is on campus, and the dungeons will have a loose basis on what goes on in that building.

2. As a boss (or sub-boss) for the dungeon based on the arts building, I'm gonna make a giant brown bunny. This is based on a funny name that one of the students called the art teacher..... *Look at him, he looks like on of them Chocolate Bunny rabits*

3. Fairy fountains will be placed in locations around the campus where I have pleasant memories. The fairies will be named after my female friends on campus.

4. I'm thinkin a giant snake can work as one of the bosses, and I'm gonna look up other mythical beasts and maybe throw them in. If not this quest than a later one.