PDA

View Full Version : U.S. tells UN get inspectors out

Freedom
03-17-2003, 07:22 AM
Bush told the un to get the weapons inspectors out of Iraq.
It was just reported on Fox news.

I say war wednesday...
I put my chips on 2 pm wed. afternoon the war starts....
any takers?

Fiyerstorm
03-17-2003, 08:13 AM
I say let's all move to New Zealand.

Drunken Tiger
03-17-2003, 08:27 AM
Nah, the sheeps may be terrorist too... :scared:

Freedom
03-17-2003, 08:31 AM
here's the story

U.S. Advises Inspectors to Leave Baghdad
29 minutes ago

By HAMZA HENDAWI, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The United States advised the United Nations (news - web sites) to withdraw its inspectors from Baghdad, Germany closed its embassy and some foreign journalists left the country Monday as the threat of war inched closer.

Full Story (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=540&e=1&u=/ap/20030317/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq)

Ich
03-17-2003, 01:15 PM
So, a war is finally upon us. It should have come earlier; we've spent months feeding and housing troops in the Middle East, without any dead Iraqis to show for it.

Fiyerstorm
03-17-2003, 01:23 PM
that ain't fair. I know alot of 17, 18 yr old seniors and some of them are freaked out cause they may not be able to goto college to learn what they want to do because some monkey-face windbag in a suit wants to be powerful. Pffffft.

Breaker
03-17-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
that ain't fair. I know alot of 17, 18 yr old seniors and some of them are freaked out cause they may not be able to goto college to learn what they want to do because some monkey-face windbag in a suit wants to be powerful. Pffffft.

... Who said anything about a draft? It's highly unlikely that such an event will take place, and even so, they don't draft college students.

Beldaran
03-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Fiyerstorm
I say let's all move to New Zealand.

I say you move to New Zealand and stop mooching off the freedom you don't think is worth defending.

And the draft is not going to happen.

deathbyhokie
03-17-2003, 02:41 PM
i personally think we're going to start bombing when night falls in iraq after the president's speech this afternoon. and fiyer, there will not be a draft. our armed forces are plenty big enough

TheGeepster
03-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Dead Iraqis (aside from the Husseins) is not the point. The removal of a threat in the Middle East, and the freeing of an oppressed people is. And I think the trio of Bush, Blair, and the Spanish prime minister have shown that further negotiation and diplomacy is vain.

So let this begin, and I predict this chapter will be a short one. And then we will turn more attention to Kim Jung Il and people can start whining about how we're not handling that right either.