PDA

View Full Version : First Area in my next quest.

DarkFlameWolf
03-17-2003, 03:57 AM
I know its generic. Not going for anything outstanding. But it isn't going to be a 9 dungeon romp. That is forever gone in this quest. :)
http://www.planetdescent.com/darkwolf/temporary/mana.jpg

Ganonator
03-17-2003, 04:31 AM
doesn't look too bad, DFW... you've utilized the new Pure set well. The terraced water is very attractive :thumbsup:

I hope it plays as well as it looks.

Freedom
03-17-2003, 04:39 AM
nice :O)
If I ever get out of level one Hidden, I might see some countryside there too :O)

Cronic
03-17-2003, 05:18 AM
/me yawns....

All of you Pure tileset users may as well be working on the same quest :shrug:

Also the SoM bosses are gonna look like total shit ;)

bigjoe
03-17-2003, 05:25 AM
I like it. especially how MY fantastic natural mountains are in there :naughty:

And Darth Cronic, all of you newfirst users might as well be working on the same quest as well :P

carrot red
03-17-2003, 05:27 AM
Very Garden of Eden like, DFW, I'll surely enjoy taking a stroll there before facing ferocious enemies.:)

Cronic
03-17-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by BigJoe
I like it. especially how MY fantastic natural mountains are in there :naughty:

And Darth Cronic, all of you newfirst users might as well be working on the same quest as well :P

Nope... There's plenty of tiles I've had to make for that quest, and funny you should pop in... Your mountain tiles are the ONLY thing interesting about that screen.

I'm not saying the quest sucks it just looks very redundant... Nothing stands out. I'm not alone in thinking this either :shrug:

ShadowTiger
03-17-2003, 08:27 AM
So do you need me to draw any items yet? Just tell me now so I can start early and get finished by the time when you need them. You're using the PZC set Revision 2, right? OK.

Demimore
03-17-2003, 08:44 AM
You're talented, DFW. Really nice OW. You can even say it's better than real Zelda....

I wish I could make such an OW. Yep.

Teilyr
03-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Not bad.

Too much red though.

ShadowTiger
03-17-2003, 11:40 AM
I think it's a nice contrast. :shrug: What color would you have them? :) It's nice to have options. :D

DarkFlameWolf
03-17-2003, 01:19 PM
its called the red forest Teilyr. :) And this isn't the main overworld, in fact, there will be none. It'll be a string of 32 different areas (32 HC pieces total to find) strung together with side warps in various locations. These sidewarps are marked by rocks ala SOM. (look at the far right of the map) As for BH4, PM me, I have quite the job for you if you're willing. And as for SOM bosses, don't be too sure, I'm sure I'll work out something with it. :)

EDIT: While I utilized the purezc tileset well, I've noticed tons of setbacks and lack of tiles when trying to do all of the water designs I wanted to do. So I had to cut back on the water design due to lack of certain tiles. I think my imagination is too much for what I wanted to do with the water and what's available. As for being too much red, I'm going to fall back on Prince's excuse in the other thread: It doesn't look bad since the trees are on the sides of the screen. :P

Teilyr
03-17-2003, 04:37 PM
Well, I didn't know that, Wolfy. :p

If it's the red forest, then that much red is fine.

Tudorcat
03-17-2003, 06:30 PM
I think it looks very nice and I also like the way the water looks like a nice pond somewhere in a far a way country in the old ages.

DarkFlameWolf
03-18-2003, 01:54 AM
if I knew there would be this much bashing and controversy, I probably shouldn't have said anything about my new quest and just released it when it was done with no fanfare. x_X

Cronic
03-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Bashing? You really are a prima donna huh?

C-Dawg
03-18-2003, 02:16 AM
There really HAS been some bashing in this thread. It's clear that DFW is just looking for praise like he always is, but frankly, I LIKE the sort of quest he's trying to make. Especially the SoM style mini-worlds. The Pure tileset is used alot because it's pretty, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The only comments I have that are remotely negative are
1. Hope the zones get bigger! SoM areas were MUCH larger than that one.
2. If you didnt have the tiles you needed to make the water you wanted, MAKE THE TILES. When the engine restricts you, push onward and bend it to your will.

-C

DarkFlameWolf
03-18-2003, 02:18 AM
I'll probably go back and refill in the tiles I need later. As for the areas, they will be larger. But for now, this is the size of the initial first area. But there will be 2 more areas before you reach your home village again. So not to worry. :) But call me a prima donna, fucking bitch or whatever you wish. You probably won't hear of this quest again until its mostly finished or released.