PDA

View Full Version : Writing and inspiration

Rijuhn
03-17-2003, 03:38 AM
Let me give you a bit of background info to clear things up...

Ever since I started taking college English at my local community college, I've been very interested in writing. This semester deals more with reading and analyzing the literature. I get to write, just not nearly as much as my last class. I like this semester class equally with my last semester so there's no debating that.

Well, time to get down to business. Midway through taking these classes I've been very inspired to read and write. I've been working on and off on my RPG for the past year and a half, but there is still no progress. This is due mostly because of the story and plot. I have no real story or plot or anything. All I’ve had is a hundred and one ideas floating around in my head.

So about a month ago I started to outline my RPG/novel's story in MS Word. Then, like all great writers, I got writes block (how fun! :meanie:) So about a week ago I realized what I should do. Writing 5-10 short stories of the adventures of Rijuhn and/or other characters from the world of Delbrek. Just tonight I got a huge burst of inspiration and started to write a short story entitled “Order in Isho”. I came up with the title before I even started writing (good for inspiration.) So far I have a page (single spaced) dealing with Rijuhn’s return from the war. The only reason I stopped writing is because I need to go to bed, and post this thread J.

This is where you guys come in. I’m wondering who can critique my work, but I know that my siblings can’t give me the in-depth analysis that I’m looking for. Nor can I get different points of view from people all across the world from every race, religion, sex, country and time zone. I want to know if anyone would be interested in reading my fantasy literature, because I don’t want to be cluttering the forums if no one is interested in reading any. Let me at least say that they won’t be half-assed babblings and slapstick comedy of a 14-year-old DBZ fan. I would be ashamed of myself if I wrote anything on that level of crapness.

I’m planning on going into the digital arts or computer programming as a major with writing and game creation on the side. I’m sure that I’ll become a programmer as my career, and let my hobbies and other interests take wherever.

PS: I’m sleepy and I don’t know why I post scripted this. Oh well, goodnight.

Beldaran
03-17-2003, 04:01 AM
I'd be interested in reading what you've written. I feel I could give informative critiques based on a strong knowledge of writing style and grammar.

Rijuhn
03-17-2003, 04:22 AM
I know for a fact that you would be perfect for critiquing, as you and I share a lot of the same ideal and political beliefs. Thanks for the inspiration!

moocow
03-17-2003, 02:28 PM
I'll do it! :)

I love reading people's stories and such. I'd love to critique your work.

TheGeepster
03-17-2003, 04:37 PM
What's the banana option mean?

Rijuhn
03-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Banana signifies your over-eagerness to play video games. Truthfully, I wanted that option for anyone who was in a silly mood. I was hoping to brighten anyone's day if I could and to give this thread a lighthearted mood.