PDA

View Full Version : Galaga Fans

PrfectGREG
03-16-2003, 10:38 PM
The newest comic I did is about my unhealthy addicition to Galaga, that 80's arcade game. I'v been playing it alot in the ski lodge where I ski on the weekends and Iv been getting good at it. The farthest I'v gotten was level 58 and a score of about 600,000. I want to get to at least level 80 one of these days. Well anyway here is the comic:

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.angelfire.com/comics/gregcresci/comic39.jpg

bigjoe
03-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Since when would a girl ask YOU to go on a date :P

plith
03-16-2003, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry, but that comic sucks on so many levels that it makes me embarrassed that I can't do any better.

PrfectGREG
03-16-2003, 11:00 PM
You should be embarrased

MottZilla
03-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Galaga is a fun game, but I advise you try a newer vertical shooter like Ikaruga. Now THERE is challenge!

I had screenshots of me playing it awhile back.

Level 50? You must be very bored to play that long.

vegeta1215
03-17-2003, 01:42 AM
There's a trick you can do so that you are invincible in Galaga. It involves killing all but these certain two fighters on level 1, and letting them come down and try to attack you for like 5 minutes (with you dodging them). After that, shots don't hurt you or something.

I haven't seen it done, but my friend maxed out the score in the Galaga at the arcade I work at during the summer (in fact, I think he made it loop over and start at zero again), and I KNOW he couldn't have done that on his own.

Beldaran
03-17-2003, 01:51 AM
OMG Vegeta I must know how this is done!:eek:

I must find out which two fighters.

Daarkseid
03-17-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by plith
I'm sorry, but that comic sucks on so many levels that it makes me embarrassed that I can't do any better.

I don't know... the comic's punchline seemed to resonate with myself so well, its frightening.

You see, I'm so absorbed by my own interests, that I can't for the life of me connect with people in real life. In fact, most of my conversations with people is usually me rambling on and on about videogames, computers, electronics, history and politics, and they just sit there and nod. At the dinner table, my family will be conversing, adding their input to the discussion. Then I break in about how much I hate David Schwimmer from Friends. They'll just look at me for a second, then knowing better than to engage in me, they ignore what I said and go back to their proper discussion. This is when I look to the side, wave my fist in front of my face and say "Curses! Damn them all!".

PrfectGREG
03-17-2003, 08:04 AM
I hear you Daark. I dont even really talk to my family that much anymore. Everytime I try and tell them something about a video game or comedy I'v seen they dont even listen to me.

Oh and this kid on my ski team maxed out the score, he told me after level 50 its the same level over and over again, and then once you max out theres no real reason to keep playing. The invincibility thing sounds sick, and what I do is get double fighters and jut pound the fire key, its easy once you played it alot and memorize where to go...

The only reason I love Galaga so much its the only arcade game I can get a gurunteed hour of play on 1 quarter!

MottZilla
03-17-2003, 05:26 PM
http://www.mane.net Guarenteed infinite time on 0 quarters! :p

vegeta1215
03-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
OMG Vegeta I must know how this is done!:eek:

I must find out which two fighters.

I never physically saw my friend do it, so I don't know the specifics of the trick, but I did see his gigantic score.

Check online, I'm sure you'll find something ;)

Verman
03-18-2003, 12:37 PM
Anyhow....as it is the comic sucks...Not funny at all. Like plith though I feel embarressed that I couldnt do better, or even think of something better ;)

hahaha Daarkseid your the best....
Dude, Im sure if you tried you could connect with people easily. The secret is to let them talk, ask tons of stupid questions....most people liek to hear their own voice hehehehe.....

Everyone here digs ya dont they? jsut move that over to RL somehow......:D

DarkDragoonX
03-18-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Galaga is a fun game, but I advise you try a newer vertical shooter like Ikaruga. Now THERE is challenge!

Ikaruga kicks ass.