PDA

View Full Version : Invalad Quest File

Kry
03-16-2003, 07:04 PM
I've been working on my quest for some time now and just a minute ago I opened my quest up and it said Invalad Quest File.
I never had a backup and I don't feel like doing it all over again.
Can someone help me?

TheGeepster
03-16-2003, 08:35 PM
It sounds like a version difference (Like the quest was last made before the last quest format change and the player was after.) In this case, perhaps someone knows of a way to convert the quest.

Hopefully the file wasn't corrupted (the only other possibility I can think of)

Freedom
03-16-2003, 09:16 PM
this is because you didn't close the explorer and start fresh, close everything and then go back in and it will probably open.

this has happened to me too, but it didn't cause anything to be lost.

did you move or rename it?
if so you have to completely close everything and then re-open it.

as for a back-up...
just do a copy and paste to another folder as you progress, it takes seconds and can save weeks.

:O)

TheGeepster
03-17-2003, 03:50 PM
I didn't realize that Freedom.

Freedom
03-17-2003, 08:21 PM
I didn't either, til it happened, scared be pretty good, thought I'd lost my quest and all that work.

Kry
03-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Didn't work

BRAINSTORM: could it be because I accendentily turned the computer off before exiting???:confuse2: :confused:

Ielen
03-17-2003, 09:54 PM
That was what happened to me when I completed my first quest using the classic tileset and due to the invalid quest file problem, my hard work went down the drain.

Freedom
03-17-2003, 10:26 PM
try this,
make a copy and put it in another folder, so in case this doesn't work all is still not lost.

then, re-name it and try to open it again, but remember to exit the folder before you try and re-open it.

if this doesn't work, you might try to send it to someone else and see if they can open it, and then re-save it and send it back to you.

what is the quest # set at where the Heading is?
it needs to be 0

marble_eater
04-07-2003, 05:15 PM
This recently happened to me. I went to open my quest one day and it was corrupted. I couldn't recover my quest either. I tried closing and opening Zquest, I tried playing it, and it wouldnt work. Luckily I was only through 10% of the overworld and two levels. A lot of ripping and repaletting and, of course, quest layout, all down the hole. Now I always keep a fairly recent backup of my quests.