PDA

View Full Version : My lockblock combo is.. skipping.

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Whenever I place a lockblock combo (1 or 2) on this 1 particular screen, it skips to the next combo for no reason whatsoever. It's not set to cycle and, for what I can tell, this room has no distinguishing features that would force it to cycle without prompting.

Just to test, I placed this combo in the room right below it, and it opened just like it should when I walked up to it with a key.

Any idea what could be happening?

TheGeepster
03-16-2003, 08:25 PM
There must be a key difference causing this. Any idea what's different about the room below it? Is the glitchy room a Boss Room perhaps? Any other possible triggers?

Ganonator
03-16-2003, 10:54 PM
you do know that lockblock combos are like pound combos where the next combo in the list is the one it goes to. I had so many problems trying to figure this out, that it took me a while to regain sanity after messing it up enough.

Teilyr
03-17-2003, 04:28 AM
Well yes, I know that they go to the next combo over, when opened.

But I'm not opening them. The room has no flags, screen data, or enemy flags. It's just skipping for no reason. Bizarre, yes.

But, I just shifted my screen down... That fixed it right up.

TheGeepster
03-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Weird. It has me baffled.

idontknow
03-17-2003, 04:37 PM
do you have an autodoor combo set to it? (i.e. did you go to data-doors and select a door combo?)...what secrets are in the room?...what enemies?...what items?...what screen flags? what exactly does the room look like?...perhaps a screenie of each of these rooms would help

Teilyr
03-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Well, as I said, the problem is fixed.

As for the door, I drew it on, as it wasn't in a centered location.

No screen flags, no enemies. Only flag 16 in the room, on top of my jars so that I can have multiple under combos.

But it wasn't 16.. When I took those flags off, it still skipped.

I think I'll just write it off as a freak bug, and move on with my village.