PDA

View Full Version : Using Lockblocks

marble_eater
03-16-2003, 11:48 AM
I've had issues using lockblocks in Zelda Classic Beta 182. I was under the assumption that they would behave like lock blocks in Link's Awakening.

When I placed a lock block in a room, and entered that room, if i had a key the lock block dissappeared as soon as i entered (and turned into the tile specified as "Next"). If i didn't have a key, the lock block would not dissapear.

I don't know whether this is a bug, or if I have misunderstood the purpose of lock blocks. I can't find any documentation or threads on lock blocks.

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 11:53 AM
This is because the combo is cycling to what you set as next as soon as you enter the room. Lockblocks use the next combo on the table.

Example: If the lockblock combo is #874, then when it's unlocked, it'll turn into #875.

The 'next' area in the combo properties is only for combo cycling. If you don't want a combo to cycle, be sure that the 'next' square is set on combo #0.

marble_eater
03-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the help, but another question: Do Boss Lock Blocks work exactly the same except that you need the Dungeon Key?

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Boss lock blocks do not work yet, but you have the idea. They use the boss (big, dungeon, etc) key.

Jigglysaint
03-16-2003, 06:20 PM
The boss lock blocks are fixed for the next beta, if it ever comes out.

Actually, the lock blocks don't behave exactly like the ones in LA because the ones in LA can't be customized(yet, but I'm trying).

System Error
03-16-2003, 10:53 PM
But wait a minute, shouldn't there be auto-opening boss lock blocks like how they act now? Because they're excellent for events, like how C-Dawg did in SD. :)