PDA

View Full Version : Making a treasure chest w/ a lockblock

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 03:09 AM
I feel retarded for not knowing this, but what flag do you have to place on the chest in order of an item to appear inside of it once opened?

It's not #10, as that works for slash combos. I'm about to fiddle with it, but I was thinking someone could answer me real quick, since it's common knowledge.

Blonde799
03-16-2003, 08:50 AM
I have a treasure chest as a lock block, then have the chest, which is a lock block 2, as a layer over it. Make sure that the lock block 2 combo goes to nothing when it's activated, and put the item on top of the chest. The chest layer should cover the item, so when you use a key on it, the chest should "open up", and the item revealed.:)

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 08:55 AM
So, you place the item on an open chest tile, then place a layered lock block 2 combo on top of it?

What layer does the lb2 combo go on? Layers below 3 will show the item on the screen, and layers 3+ don't have combo properties.

Blonde799
03-16-2003, 09:04 AM
Yes.:) Believe it or not, lock block 2s get activated on layers. I had one on layer 3, and it works fine.:)

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Hmm... It's not working. Link just walks under the chest.

Let's see if I get this right, in case you didn't see my edited post.

1) Place an open chest tile on the screen.
2) Place the item on top of the open chest.
3) Place a layer 3 LB2 combo on top of this.

Is that it, or am I missing something due to my lack of caffination?

plith
03-16-2003, 09:14 AM
The open chest has to be a lock block tile as well. And solid. The tile next to it should be the regular open chest.

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 09:16 AM
Nifty.

Thanks plith.

idontknow
03-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Heres another, easier sort of lock block, but it requires Link to press against it to first "unlock" the treasure chest and then slash it to actually open it...here's how its done:
1. set up 3 combos in a row, in this order: a. locked treasure chest with a lock block combo b. regular, closed treasure chest with a slash/slash->item combo c. opened treasure chest w/ an undefined combo
2. place the lock block 1, locked treasure chest combo on the screen
3. set the undercombo to the opened treasure chest
4. place flag 10, armos->item, on the treasure chest
5. set the room type to special item and select the room's special item...there ya have it!

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 11:04 AM
Already saw yours, IDK. I don't want a locked slash box.

By the way, the room doesn't have to be special item. Once you have the special item set, you can turn the room type off, and the special item will remain.

Jigglysaint
03-16-2003, 06:22 PM
or use the catch all, like #49 is a heart piece.

System Error
03-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Catch All is annoying though, since you need to know exactly what everything is. But if you can remember, you can save a little time.