PDA

View Full Version : Colors for layering problem

Ielen
03-15-2003, 05:49 AM
I've been trying out the Pure Tileset V2. I copied screen 00 of map1 to a random screen, while repeating the same method for the layers (they are on the same random screen but on different maps).
When I keyed the different layers, everything was okay except for the LOZ words on Map 6. What I mean is that the LOZ words colors on Map 1 did not match the one that appeared in Map6 which is still the original color.
I did not change any palette or amend any graphics.
How do I fix the LOZ words color on Map 1?

Freedom
03-15-2003, 07:13 AM
Is the dmap set to the same color and level?
is one set to level "O" while the other not?
that would affect it.

being a different map it well may have a different pallette as well, right?

recoloring with the red wand only takes seconds, that may be the quickest fix.

Your HIT is kicking my butt, buy the way, 40 armos in one screen matched up against a wooden sword is not for the young.

Teilyr
03-15-2003, 07:29 AM
You probably switched palettes. I had this problem also, until I looked through them.

The LoZ logo uses palette D, so f4 and make sure it's using D.

Ielen
03-15-2003, 07:33 AM
Oh I forgot to use a Dmap, I was just testing whether the LoZ words would look the same if I moved to a random screen. But the other layers work fine without having to use a dmap.

Would Palette D correspond to cset 4?

Thanks for the help.

NerdWarrior
03-15-2003, 02:22 PM
-_-`
Palettes are made up of csets. There's a FAQ on palettes/csets at the top of this forum.

Teilyr
03-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Without using a dmap? :odd: I think you've confused ZC terms.

Ielen
03-15-2003, 09:58 PM
Okay I found out what is the problem now. I did not key the "D" into screen palette, I kept on thinking it should be a number.

Btw, the dmap has nothing to do with the LoZ words color problem. Even when I had a Dmap, the LoZ words color was still in the wrong color until I keyed the "D".

Thanks for the help.

Teilyr
03-16-2003, 01:11 AM
Which is what I told you to do from the getgo.