PDA

View Full Version : newbie in distress....?

Jacha
03-15-2003, 05:28 AM
Okay, having massaged me fingers with oil yet again to stop 'em seizin' up...and taken two more paracetamol fer me very tortured brain..

I've come here to ask fer help!

Firstly, if anyone's played Zelda - The Revenge, just how DO you get the bow???? I've been tryin' fer ten hours nonstop. (also, if it's relevant, where's the stepladder?)

Secondly and not entirely unrelated.

I'm working on a couple of not so good at the moment quests..but they'll improve with parctice and playing more completed quests..

My question is regarding tiles. I guess I've missed something obvious (it happens with me) . I know the tiniest bit about combo editing, but how do you increase the available number of combos without the ones you've already used going skewy? I'd hate to be limited to 40...or is it 56...tiles for a quest..too many interesting ones out there!

Thank you all, for giving me so much fun..and so many laughs!!!

Drunken Tiger
03-15-2003, 06:24 AM
Ill move this to a Zelda Forum for you .. You might get a better response.. ;)

Freedom
03-15-2003, 07:20 AM
use the 192-182 beta, there is tons of space, in the 190 you'll be limited in more ways then just that.

Teilyr
03-15-2003, 07:48 AM
Yes. Beta 1.92 build 182 has 65519 spaces for tiles, and 65263 spaces for combos. Also, in 182, there are no more multiple combo pages, so single combo is on 1 page, so that you easily scroll through everything.

This is no reason to still be using 1.90.

Jacha
03-17-2003, 03:56 AM
Thanks guys.

Hmm..

I still reckon I'm missing something. Because even in 192 (if that's what the 163 beta version is) I have the same problem.

Okay, lemme ask a different question.. when workin' on a quest, how do you scroll down the tiles? (I'm usin' the tileset from Revenge 2). All I got is the default ones you always start with...oh the nuisance!!!

Freedom
03-17-2003, 04:00 AM
hold down the shift button and push page down and up

:O)

took me 2 days and a heads up from Geepster to get that myself :O)

Demimore
03-17-2003, 08:31 AM
Three words:

BEWARE OF 1.90!

(Ok, 1.90 might just not be a word)

But use it. 1.90 cant do ANYTHING fun! All the greatness is in b1.82. You can almost do a Z3 style quest with it!

Jacha
03-18-2003, 03:58 AM
hmmm

They never put that in tutorials, do they???

hehe

okayyy now I got that I guess I can get on with things. If I think more than...zilch about the quest i'll let you guys know how I'm doin'

Thanks.

Freedom
03-18-2003, 04:36 AM
LOL sounds good.
I'm just learning it myself but if I can help you out, let me know :O)

TheGeepster
03-18-2003, 06:48 PM
1.90 was a pretty darn good version back in its day. Oh, and its 1.92 b182. All I'm saying is have patience..

Freedom
03-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Oh, and its 1.92 b182.

You're right, I stand corrected :O)

downloaded your quest by the way....
haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but I got it :O)

Jacha
03-19-2003, 05:01 AM
hehe okayyy.

Ukhupacha (or maybe Ayacucho, depends which looks better) is about..oh 5 percent complete, mostly overworld. Get that done then I can really let rip in the dungeons.

I 've taken elements from Andean mythology for this one..they seemed to look okay. Putting Link in a poncho and wooly hat with earflaps was fun tho'. I've changed a few tiles to suit the setting. (that isn't difficult for someone who's designed all the cursors on her puter)

Actually, I'm havin' fun workin' on the thing. I may not be the world's greatext setter of puzzles but I reckon i can do somethin' reasonable...the trail up Amaru Mountain looks good...hehe you'll need at least one clue there I reckon.

Motre as and when.

Ielen
03-19-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Jacha
Thanks guys.

Hmm..

I still reckon I'm missing something. Because even in 192 (if that's what the 163 beta version is) I have the same problem.

Okay, lemme ask a different question.. when workin' on a quest, how do you scroll down the tiles? (I'm usin' the tileset from Revenge 2). All I got is the default ones you always start with...oh the nuisance!!!

Hi Jacha,

Do you want to move the combo tiles on the right? If it is so, you need to go to Esc -> Options. Under Options, put a check for Mouse Scroll, then you can move your combo tiles on the right.

Other than that, what Freedom said is correct, you need to press page up/down in Quests -> Graphics -> Tiles.

Jacha
03-21-2003, 03:24 PM
okayy...got it sussed finally...

spent 8 hours yesterday drawing an overworld..hell did most of it too...hehe..but it's nowhere near what i was lookin' for so I'lll redo it...

Freedom, I've been playin' your quest...really enjoyable..or it was till I got stuck in the Level Five map room!

Any chance of a hint please?

I've already had to be extremely resourceful..stretch me underworked brain a bit - i never realised you could actually DO that with a hookshot till earlier today...

Freedom, you and I think a lot alike. I've used a string of virtually identical rooms as well..very disorienting isn't it?

Ah well, back to work