PDA

View Full Version : Zelda 1 remake: Yea or Nay?

Xyvol
03-15-2003, 03:23 AM
The question here is do you like remakes of Zelda 1's first quest in a better graphics style, or would you rather not see another one. The reason I ask is I've been using Orion's LttP tile set to remake the overworld as just one part of an upcoming quest I've been thinking of. I figued since I was remaking the whole thing, releasing a graphical update of the old quest might be a nice thing. So should I? Or should I just skip it and continue working on my own quest?

Here's one screen shot:
http://xyvol.com/zelda/zelda005.bmp

P.S. If someone's already done this then please excuse me.

Freedom
03-15-2003, 03:30 AM
Did you ever notice the best singers sing for themselves?

how about....
build it and they will come.

or...

You can't please everyone, so ya gotta please yourself.

:O)

Blonde799
03-15-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Freedom
You can't please everyone, so ya gotta please yourself.
:O)
Amen to that, but my head's in the gutter right now.:p

DarkFlameWolf
03-15-2003, 10:55 AM
might want to use his miniture LTTP set instead of his large one. Further more, Sludge has new mountain tiles you should check out.
You may want to check out my '1st Revamp' quest to get a good idea of what a good remake is. And see if you can offer something just as different to the remake realm.

KJAZZ
03-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Well, if you want my honest opinion, don't make one. There are already too many 1st quest remakes out there. Make a new original quest. It'll be funner to play. Or maybe it won't. ;p

Tom
03-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Remakes are brilliant if you've already started you might aswell finish. I could never get tired of the old zelda with different looks like that old sonic one what ever happened to that if anyone knows tell me.

carrot red
03-15-2003, 06:35 PM
No, don't do it. Concentrate on your new quest.

System Error
03-15-2003, 09:07 PM
If you want to make a remake, make a remake of the 2nd Quest. FUCK the 1st. I haven't seen ANY 2nd quest remakes to date.

cccc
03-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by KJAZZ
Well, if you want my honest opinion, don't make one. There are already too many 1st quest remakes out there. Make a new original quest. It'll be funner to play. Or maybe it won't. ;p

I agree there are to many 1stquest remakes

ShadowTiger
03-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Well, anyone can make a Z1 remake. But not just anyone can make a better one. ;) :naughty:

I say, go for it, Xyvol. :thumbsup:

firebug
03-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by System Error
If you want to make a remake, make a remake of the 2nd Quest. FUCK the 1st. I haven't seen ANY 2nd quest remakes to date.

yea, id say use your overworld to make a second quest remake.. that would be really kewl... and i say go for the big tiles if you want, it makes it look more Z3 style!

Demimore
03-17-2003, 05:16 AM
The screenshot looked nice. But I wouldnt want to see ANOTHER Z1 remake. There's too many out there. But if you did like DFW, and made the world different, but yet similiar. And new dungeons. THEN it might look good....

Brasel
03-17-2003, 11:36 AM
Oh god...not another 1st quest...

Xyvol
03-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Yeah, that's what I figured, there are alot of people that are sick of 1st quest remakes. I only know of two myself, "newfirst" and DFW's revamp.

I'm halfway done with it, so I'm gonna finnish it. More for myself than for anyone else. It's been fun doing it. Also I know some people who don't regularly use ZC who I think may enjoy it. I'm not making a new first quest so I don't want to change things too much, but I will try to customize it a little bit.

DarkFlameWolf
03-17-2003, 01:13 PM
customize not just a little bit, but a lot. Put your own essence and flair into it.

Brasel
03-17-2003, 03:51 PM
If anyone remembers, back before 1.92 betas were being released, everyone put out remakes of the first quest to show off their new tilesets. I can remember not only newfirst and DFW's, but also one Callitaday made with all three of the tilesets that were out at the time (wasn't very good), the tiny quest (the first quest with tiny characters), BS quest, Prfect Greg did his first LBHD quest with only 1st quest dungeons, newfirst 1.92 version. Those are all of them I remember every playing...and I'm sure people who have been around longer than me probably remember more.

Xyvol
03-17-2003, 07:47 PM
Nope, didn't know of those. I do remember I beta tested callitaday's new demo quest. I hated it but I didn't want to say anything.:rolleyes: But I've only played a few quests, so my knowlege of quests doesn't go very far.