PDA

View Full Version : Lost Vikings Flash Demo

Warlock
03-14-2003, 03:41 PM
http://www.blizzard.com/blizzclassic/vikingsdemo.shtml

haha, it's hella fun :D

Thunderbird
03-14-2003, 03:49 PM
Looks interesting :). I'll look at it some more at home :).

Gerudo
03-14-2003, 04:02 PM
hey thats pretty cool

i may have to get that one

AtmaWeapon
03-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Gerudo
hey thats pretty cool

i may have to get that one

Heh, you should have said "I should have got that one". It was an SNES game made before Starcraft even existed.

Runescaper01
03-14-2003, 07:10 PM
yup I got the ROMS there were 2 made...

Mr.Night
03-14-2003, 08:46 PM
That game was real fun i may buy it :)

Warlock
03-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon

Heh, you should have said "I should have got that one". It was an SNES game made before Starcraft even existed.

It's being rereleased on GBA March 24th I believe.

TedHead
03-16-2003, 05:16 PM
I have Lost Vikings 2 for the computer. The PC version is called Norse by Norse West though for some reason.... =S It's very fun though. 2 players too!

EDIT: Wow, I just played the demo, and it was awesome! Lots of content for a Flash demo! I was dissapointed to see that the fighter viking had a bow now instead of a robo arm though.... and I missed Olaf's farting technique :D

EDIT 2: Oh yes, it's not coming out on the 24th for GBA, it's the 26th. It's on the "Thank you for playing" page after finishing the demo.

Myth
03-16-2003, 05:29 PM
lol yea not too bad.. bit tedious :) but im not complaining

Gerudo
03-16-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
Heh, you should have said "I should have got that one". It was an SNES game made before Starcraft even existed. i actually DID play them on snes...

looks like the GBA is becoming just basically a portable SNES... :shrug:

oh well, give us Chrono Trigger for GBA and we'll be set! ^_^

TheGeepster
03-16-2003, 08:55 PM
I loved Lost Vikings. One of the great classics of old.

KJAZZ
03-17-2003, 12:44 AM
Yes, great games...when I was in 5th grade, a friend of mine (at the time) had the game, and I liked it a lot, so I bought it somewhere, and then I bought Lost Vikings 2 online. In fact, I was playing LV2 earlier today..;p

TheGeepster
03-17-2003, 04:14 PM
The demo was too short.. Oh well. That was Level 2 I believe, from the original LV.

TedHead
03-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Gerudo
looks like the GBA is becoming just basically a portable SNES...

oh well, give us Chrono Trigger for GBA and we'll be set! ^_^

I could be wrong... but I thought Sony got the rights to Squaresoft games, didn't they? If they did, you won't be seeing Chrono Trigger for GBA. :cry: My favorite RPG.... *sniff*

Super Mario RPG for GBA would be nice too :D

Originally posted by TheGeepster
The demo was too short.. Oh well. That was Level 2 I believe, from the original LV.

If I remember correctly (I could be wrong), the red dude who jumps (forget his name) couldn't do the head bash thing before LV2, could he? If he couldn't, it couldn't have been from LV2. I also recognized the music on the demo to be from LV2, but I think the level was in the original. I seem to recall playing it on my original LV demo......

Thunderbird
03-17-2003, 05:24 PM
I could be wrong... but I thought Sony got the rights to Squaresoft games, didn't they? If they did, you won't be seeing Chrono Trigger for GBA.

You are wrong ;). Square just preferred to develop for Sony platforms at the time of the PSX (got into some fight with Nintendo I think, though I'm probably wrong). Some games have been released for Nintendo platforms though (FF Crystal Chronicles for the GCN).

Me personally, I'd like Super Mario RPG for GBA ;).

TheGeepster
03-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Erik the Swift I believe. And he could do the head bash in the original. The first level started each viking in a separate area and had no enemies if I recall right, so I think that was the second level from the first game.

I never played the sequel.