PDA

View Full Version : I've been here for almost two years now.

Trunks
03-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Since i have been here that long and i am pretty sure i will never make it to 1000 post because i post so moderatly could i get a custom avatar i know that is a big thing for people that post alot but i have been here so long and there are people that have been here for way less time than i have an they have custom avatars. just think about it please.

bigjoe
03-14-2003, 02:28 PM
I'll be up at 3 in about a month now ;) Anyway , it might be good to give people at 2 years and above custom avatar access.

Beldaran
03-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Custom avatars are a bonus for people who are actively involved in the community. If you've been here for two years and only have 500 posts, I'd say you're not that actively involved and therefore don't really need a custom avatar.

You could always start posting more. You'd have one in no time.:)

Trunks
03-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Custom avatars are a bonus for people who are actively involved in the community. If you've been here for two years and only have 500 posts, I'd say you're not that actively involved and therefore don't really need a custom avatar.

You could always start posting more. You'd have one in no time.:)

well lets see i don't like to spam and have little to say but i have been here for a long long time we will let the admins see what they think of the idea.

Beldaran
03-14-2003, 03:01 PM
I don't like to spam and I have somewhere in the nieghborhood of 3800 posts.

Besides, if you ONLY wanted the admins to respond to this, you should have PM'd them and not made a topic.

Trunks
03-14-2003, 03:04 PM
i like to hear what others think too besides they will probly take every ones thoughts into consideration.

The Savior
03-14-2003, 03:21 PM
I'd say that if the admins wanted people who had been here over 2 years to get a custom avatar, Shadowblazer would already have coded that in. :shrug:

Ian
03-14-2003, 03:51 PM
I agree with Beldaran, you need to be actively involved to get an avatar. It wouldn't be real fair for the people here who have been here for almost or more than a year but are still wokring up to it.

MottZilla
03-14-2003, 03:53 PM
You should PM Sb if you have a forum suggestion.

Congrats on the 2 years. I forget when but it's sometime this month I'll have been here 3 years.

Edit: On March 26th will be my 3 year mark.

Verman
03-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Hehehheh Ive almost been here two years and i dont have 1k posts yet...

As far as I know alot of people know me...wether they hate or love me is a different story :D

I just like repling to posts that interest me and i have something to say.....sometimes I talk out my ass but EH!

I would feel wierd if I had a different avatar i think.....hmz.....I sort of like mine....but....HUMZ!

God save the beaver.

Shadowblazer
03-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by The Savior
I'd say that if the admins wanted people who had been here over 2 years to get a custom avatar, Shadowblazer would already have coded that in. :shrug: Well put. :sb:

vegeta1215
03-14-2003, 05:46 PM
I was one of the last oldbies to reach 1k. It took me 9 months. I didn't rush or anything, I posted about 4 posts per day, and I still post about that much.

Link 101
03-14-2003, 05:52 PM
I got to 1K in little under a year. Also, believe me, you will not be given a custom avatar. I tried to ask once for just a custom title, but they said I had to earn it. It took a while with all the pruning going on during the time I tried to get 1k, but I never gave up. You shouldn't either.

Foxx
03-14-2003, 06:08 PM
Alternatively, you could submit the avatar you want and ask for it to be added to the public list, with all the avatars in there now you might be able to get by as the only one using it.

Trunks
03-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Fuck it. it was a bad idea sorry.

Ultra22Lemming
03-14-2003, 07:13 PM
Well if this happened. People with 100 posts would be able to get this. That = bad idea.

AtmaWeapon
03-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Up until about maybe a year ago, it could have happened, but then there was a big deal about people complaining that the rules weren't being followed, blah blah blah. Now, exceptions don't get made. Sorry, man, but good to see you back!

Trunks
03-15-2003, 09:12 AM
i understand it is allways some one person or maybe a few people messing it up for every one but it's good to be back and postin Atma it's good to see you and Foxx are still here.