PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality - completely stuck

hkeylocomachine
03-14-2003, 03:36 AM
i've been playing Zelda Classic for a long time and this is the first time i've ever had to post for help. i search and research as much as possible and enjoy the difficulty of long searches for the next part of the game, but i just simply cannot figure out how to get past the third level of Hidden Duality. i have the Wand but not the glove/bracelet. Anyone who knows how to do this, please let me know, i've beaten almost all of the other good DarkFlameWolf and Mr Z quests as well as some other, and this is the only quest i am actively playing, so until i pass this level i can't play Zelda! :(
Thanks in advance.

carrot red
03-14-2003, 03:54 AM
Just go to Quest Announcement and Discussion and look for the longest thread about HD, your answer is there.

DarkFlameWolf
03-14-2003, 08:34 AM
Remember that the 'pipes' on some walls in level 3 can be used as magical recepticles for the wand. ;)

hkeylocomachine
03-14-2003, 10:36 AM
thank you both for your prompt replies.
you know, i got stuck on PureQuest and figured this out (the pipe reflection thing) like two frikin days ago; apparently my short term memory isn't too good.

ShadowTiger
03-14-2003, 11:42 AM
Instead of pipes, do you think we could get "portals" of some sort? I would draw them for you, if you want, DFW. Just give the word. I couldn't figure out the pipe thing for a while. You'de think an arrow would go into something that size and shape, as compared to a bolt of magic, in which magic -should- go into something more magically oriented. Know what I mean?

DarkFlameWolf
03-14-2003, 02:02 PM
but then, that would eliminate the confusion factor regarding those pipes and thus eliminate that puzzle, no? ;)

hkeylocomachine
03-14-2003, 02:14 PM
instead of a pipe you could make it a microwave or an oreo cookie and i would still be lost; despite the helpful information and browsing all of this forum and purezc's, the hints i get are too vague or maybe i missed something in all that reading; i feel like a dumbass, i'm normally pretty good at solving puzzles, but i am just completely f***ing lost! could somebody give me an exact room or exact path please? as i said, i have the wand, and the book, but no glove. i shot everything in level 3 and finally got so frustrated i wished that i could shoot MYSELF with the stupid phallic magic-draining wand of uselessness, but i just keep playing, like a mindless drone, shooting every thing i see with every weapon i see. HELP!!!!!

DarkFlameWolf
03-14-2003, 04:40 PM
From the entrance, (the MAIN ONE) go up, left, left, bomb the wall and go left. Shoot the pipe in the next room with the wand to eliminate the sand and get the key in the chest. From THIS room, go up, up, right, right (I 'think' another right (3 rights)) and use the magic on the pipe in here and go north to the glove.

hkeylocomachine
03-14-2003, 06:03 PM
alright, so i was doing it right, something else is wrong; i've used the wand five or six times in that room to eliminate the sand to get the chest but i can't get to the chest, there's no way in; the sand disappears but the blocks don't move. i've tried pushing the blocks after this to no avail, but i'll go try again.
..... on a second thought, i probably haven't bombed my way in to that little enclosure.
DUH!
thanks again DFW

TheGeepster
03-15-2003, 01:38 PM
You'll go far, hkey. It's a hard quest to take on, but it is very fun! Oh, and you'll hate the lev 6 boss, I guarantee you.

hkeylocomachine
03-16-2003, 03:08 AM
i have passed level 3! woo-hoo!
just curious, why no overworld map on this quest but it's present on others? i understand it makes the game more difficult and i am keeping my own map on paper, but still.... it would be helpful.

DarkFlameWolf
03-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Just a personal preference, I'd like to keep the overworlds mysterious. :)