PDA

View Full Version : ET phone home

Beldaran
03-14-2003, 01:10 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/SciTech/reuters20030312_603.html

tgf_guy
03-14-2003, 01:37 AM
Kinda reminds me of these scientists who goofed; they identified a radio signal that was very, very close to earth, and spent weeks identifying it.

It turned out to be their microwave oven they had in the basement. ;)

Gerudo
03-14-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by tgf_guy
It turned out to be their microwave oven they had in the basement. ;) :rotfl:

omg thats hilarious!!! BWUAHAHAHA!!!

:lol:

goes to show you some people arent all that bright

The Savior
03-14-2003, 02:33 AM
Kinda reminds me of these scientists who goofed; they identified a radio signal that was very, very close to earth, and spent weeks identifying it.

Oh lord...

Thunderbird
03-14-2003, 03:23 AM

I have but one thing to say:

:rofl:

The article Belderan linked is interesting. Personally I don't care much for SETI@home cause I honestly see no point in it. :shrug:

carrot red
03-14-2003, 03:31 AM
I better go turn off that microwave.:)

Beldaran
03-14-2003, 05:24 AM
How can you not see the point of trying to contact another civilization? That's like saying you don't see the point in travelling to new places. You do it because it's an adventure, because you can learn from it, and because we will grow as a people.

bigjoe
03-14-2003, 05:59 AM
The leading candidate signals compiled over more than three years of work are the ones that were particularly strong or have been observed in the same spot more than once, researchers said.

This is amazing. I feel that an interesting discovery shall soon happen.