PDA

View Full Version : Help with custom houses

Dark Entity
03-14-2003, 12:38 AM
I can't seem to get the room type to show up in the house I have on a different DMap, in this case, I have a screen on DMap 0 with a cave2 combo that has a tile warp to DMap 1 where my room is. That works ok, but for some reason, the "gamble" room type doesn't show up. No string, guy, or anything. I have set up the room, string, and guy on both the screen that warps to the house interior, and on the house interior itself without any positive results.

Cloral
03-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Make sure the dmap has a level # greater than 0. That should fix it.

Questwizard88
03-15-2003, 05:13 PM
I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. You have to set thwe tile warp to go to the screen with the house interior on it. Set the sring, guy, and room type on the screen that the house interior is on. do not set it from the screen that the entrance is on. And yes, the level number has to be higher than 0. I usually use around 240 for mine.

System Error
03-15-2003, 11:50 PM
You don't need a room type. Remember the old woman in the original Zelda who told you to "Find the old man?" No room type. You do need a guy though, dammit. But it is easily overcome by checking the "No guy fires" rule, making the guys invisible and putting a sprite onto a layer.