PDA

View Full Version : Level 2 Classic Z ,,,,,, RED CANDLE Location

Diverman
03-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Sorry for the confusion,,
I need help finding the RED candle that burns away bushes??
The blue on i bought very early on does nothing but illuminate dark areas?

Im one triforce sliver away from getting to level 9....please help??

The Savior
03-13-2003, 05:50 PM
The blue one burns bushes just as well as the red one.

carrot red
03-13-2003, 05:54 PM
It's weird, there was no confusion in your last thread.
Just understand this: The blue candle (or torch or lantern) can be used only once in a screen and it burns very well. The red candle can be used endlessly in one screen.
That said, if my memory is not failing me, the red candle is in level 7 in a room that does not show on the map. You have to bomb a wall to the right.
I trust you know where level 8 is.
Good luck.:)

Verbatim
03-13-2003, 07:27 PM
It wouldn't make a lot of sense to put it in level 7, because that's the one you need to get to by burning a bush...I know because I found it right after level 3...had a lot of trouble finding level 4, so I went around burning bushes at random until I found level 7.

That said, I don't know where the red candle is...I'm not sure whether I found it or not myself.

If you're desperate to know, you could find yourself a walk-through...just search for "Legend of Zelda Second Quest Walkthrough" at Google, and you should find plenty of sites that have one.

On the other hand, you could go around like I did and find L. 7 on your own with the blue candle...or try a little longer to see if you can find the red candle on your own. LoZ was made back when people didn't have a lot of games to play, so they designed it to have a lot of good gameplay, with lots of difficult searching. It's part of what makes LoZ great.

System Error
03-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Or you could go to gamefaqs.com. :)

The Savior
03-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Level seven was the one in the fairy pool, wasn't it? Level 8 is definatly the one that you have to burn a bush.

System Error
03-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Uhh...that's the first quest. He's talking about the 2nd Quest.

The Savior
03-13-2003, 10:00 PM
Ahh, when he said "Level 2 Zelda" it didn't click in my head that he would be talking about the second quest. Thanks for pointing that out.

System Error
03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
It just takes a matter of understanding English enough, but not as much as to be overformal, which I can do. :) In my head, it clicked "Level 2 (Difficulty) = 2nd Quest."

Okay Diverman, question: Who spread this shit saying you need the Red Candle to burn things to you?

The Savior
03-13-2003, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I usually make connections like that, but I kind of spaced this time. As for the bush thing, it would seem that Diverman just grabbed the blue candle and tried burning a random bush, not realizing that only some bushes can be burned.

carrot red
03-14-2003, 03:51 AM
Again, let me say that he's talking about the first quest. By level 2, he's meaning the red candle, like an upgrade for the sword and boomerang... When he says he's one triforce short and needs to burn that bush, we all know where level 8 is in the FIRST quest.
It's Verbatim who missread the post.:shrug:

Verbatim
03-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Just take a look at Diverman's topics in this forum, Carrot...there are tons of them, and if you read them all, it's clear he's talking about the second quest. For example "Second Level Zelda Classic Level 4 loc."--he obviously isn't looking for the upgrade to level 4, he's playing the second quest, and was looking for level 4. Now he's looking for the red candle in the second quest.

Saro
03-14-2003, 08:44 PM
All right, let's settle down and get two things straight:

1. Diverman is talking about the second quest.
2. The Red Candle is in level 7.

Unfortunately, sir, you have to burn a bush to get to level 7. :odd: There was a post somewhere else on this forum by Ganonator that showed the location, but I don't remember where it is.

System Error
03-14-2003, 11:26 PM
If I remember it right, Level 7 is found at in the forest with a column of trees and two trees side-by-side at the top of the row. You need to burn the left bush of those two trees, thus you need to burn from the right side.