PDA

View Full Version : Cant get ZC to work (1st quest not found)

brunzattack
03-12-2003, 04:35 AM
I downloaded ZC190 and installed it. Uopn running the zelda.exe, i can get to the saved games menu, but when i create a new game, or use the one it comes with, or even use the name 'zelda', i get an error message saying that the file '1stQst' cant be found, even thought its right there in the same directory as the exe.

My system: celeron 400, 310 ram

I gave my system specs because I tried downloading the new 192 version but cant even get that one to work...is there even an install file in it?

I just found out about ZC and am excited about playing it again, but would appreciate any help!

Thx :cry:

Blonde799
03-12-2003, 04:48 AM
Ok. You have to change the directory that the files are stored in. I do this by loading up a custom quest(go here (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59715) to do that), then choosing the directory of my choice.:)

brunzattack
03-12-2003, 05:16 AM
what if i want to do one of the original quests? (1-3)

Blonde799
03-12-2003, 05:23 AM
Then just load up a custom quest, then delete the save file you just created. The directory will be saved, so you can load any quest from the directory you chose.:)

Just in case, I'll give you the skinny on the original quests.:)

-Just create a save like normal, but don't load a custom quest, and just press the button you assigned to start.(1st quest)

-Do the same for the first quest, but type your name as "ZELDA".(2nd quest)

-Same as above, but type in "ALPHA".(3rd quest)

brunzattack
03-12-2003, 05:23 AM
never mind...i got it working just by using alt as 'a' instead of using the enter button.....thx for your help!

Now to find that little bugger Gannon... heh heh