PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Worlds is a POS!!!!

Rijuhn
03-12-2003, 02:21 AM
When I first heard about this game I originally thought it was going to be great, because it was an RPG and all. Then a month or so later I thought it was going to be gay, because my GAMER'S VIBE kicked in. My GAMER'S VIBE is a feeling I get from experiencing any and all information on a certain game. It has never failed me, even when I think it may be wrong.

Well, it slipped from my mind until I saw it at Block Buster two days ago. I rented it because it was an RPG, and I haven't played a worthy RPG on the GCN since Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG (SquareSoft is still the best). I got home and turned on the game and saw...a kiddy game, wow!! Well after defeating the first dungeon I was treated to about 30 minutes of cinema (in game cinema). The game has really good graphics, an dumb ass storyline, great voice acting which makes me forget I'm playing a game sometimes. It seems like they were trying to make it almost like an anime or something by the style of the game.

Why do I hate this game so damn much? The second DUNGEON!! IF THERE IS ONE THINK RIJUHN HATES IT'S DUNGEONS!! WHAT A CHEAP ASS EXCUSE TO USE THE SAME FUCKING TEXTURES AND GAY ASS LEVEL DESIGN!!! THESE AREN'T EVEN THEME BASED DUNGEONS LIKE IN THE LoZ SERIES!!! THE FIRST TWO ARE EXACTLY THE SAME, AND I HONESTLY DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THE REST OF THE DUNGEONS ARE GOING TO BE ANY DIFFERENT!!!! And to top it all off, I've been playing the second dungeon for nearly two hours and I still haven't reached the end. You can't even save your game!! WTF!!! I'm only allowed to make an in dungeon game save, but lets say that my power goes out? I would loose all of my work on the dungeon. Yeah I can start back in the town that is only the size or my front yard.

Dammit, why can't games be fun? Just because you decide that making the characters potty-mouthed gun-wielding animals will make the game fun is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Making a game different is not what carries on the gaming industry.

There needs to be a reason to beat this dungeon. Why should I even play the game? To beat the boss that is tedious and annoying purple or something? This is why my novel/RPG is going to rock. When I finish with my story and publish it as a novel, God Willing, I'm sure it will redefine modern writing, and if I take the world I create and infuse it into a RPG it'll raise the bar of standards so high that people will be killing themselves because they will realize how crappy they really are. LOL!!!

What my game will have what 90% of all RPGs lack.

Orion
03-12-2003, 11:54 AM
So... your saying this game isn't worth the $20 I'd have to spend on it at Walmart?

Mak-X
03-12-2003, 04:38 PM
I recommend Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC).

Evolution Worlds recieved 4.0 in Electronic Gaming Monthly, and Skies of Arcadia Legends recieve 9 ,9, 9.5

Rijuhn
03-12-2003, 11:01 PM
God dammit! 20 bucks for you!! I payed nearly 7 dollars at block buster. And, you're right Mak-X, I just went to penny arcade and EGM and they both basically say the same thing: EW is shit, SoAL is goodness to maxness!

Guess what game I'm going rent next?

LordMagus
03-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Lost Kingdoms is also a good RPG for the GC. It's a action RPG in which you use cards to summon monsters that attack for you. And no, THIS IS NOT ANOTHER POKEMON RIP-OFF. You gain experience for the cards in order to transform them or duplicate them.

Btw, I've played Evolutions for the Dreamcast. It sucks horribly, so I had a feeling its sequel would suck also. Good thing you only rented it.

Rijuhn
03-13-2003, 01:21 AM
I simply hated Lost Kingdoms, but I'm sure the sequel will be just a bit more tolerable than the first. I hated the fact that it wasn't even an RPG. There is no grand overworld can explore, no armor and shields and leveling up. It doesn't even have basic drama. I can pull a better storyline out of my ass.