PDA

View Full Version : really weird dungen problem *please help!*

Octorok101
03-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Ok, I have created my dungen and have started testing it. Now for some reason I can not walk through the left and right sides of the screen where I have a opening at.(yes the opening is on both screens) Now here is the weird part; it only happens on some of my openings and always the same ones! I have tried everything to figure out what is wrong. I am hoping one of you can help. Below is a list of what i do know:

1) nothin gis different between the ones that work and the ones that dont

2) I have freeform dungens checked

3)none of the openings are in the spot where to door would be.

4) none of the walls that contain the openings also have doors.

5)the "w" key shows that it is possible to walk through them.

6) there are no flags on the tiles for at least 3 tiles out from the edge

7)*really weird* I have one room where you can go right but not left!

I would really appriciate any help I can get. All the numbers but 7 apply to all the cases where I have come across this problem.

Questwizard88
03-11-2003, 09:14 PM
A lot of these things happened to me too. i need to know how to fix this one too.

Freedom
03-11-2003, 10:34 PM
you have to go to each of these screens and check the door as wall and then arase it, the door won't show, but it will be there

Nick
03-11-2003, 10:58 PM
This will seem like a stupid question... but...

Are your rooms near the edges of the dmap?

Since I'd say that is no unless you placed your dmap wrong... I dunno what else to think of. :shrug:

Teilyr
03-11-2003, 11:46 PM
I noticed this when I was getting screenshots for my intro. I'll say this much... It's not freeform dungeons.

When I was at this one point in the center of the screen, I could only walk up and down, even with no walls on.

Very, very strange indeed.

cbailey77
03-12-2003, 12:02 AM
in the dmap window, the slider under the rectangle map is probably slided to the right. try moving the slider to the middle and you might be able to go throu left doors.

Teilyr
03-12-2003, 03:34 AM
Actually, all that does is make it so that if you have 3 or 4 dungeons on 1 map, the correct "get map" graphic will be shown, when you get the dungeon map.

..I think.

Octorok101
03-12-2003, 04:56 PM
I will check the doo thing but pretty shure there are no doors.
the screens are not at the edge of the screen
the slider might be the thing, will try this.

thanks for the help. If I fined the answer I'll post it.

Freedom
03-12-2003, 09:20 PM
I had that exact thing happen, I had copy/pasted rooms in and some of the doors were set to passage, yet no door showed.
I then opened up the walls and did a walkthrough.
I'd get hung up.
So I went back in and checked the doors, as I said above, and found that some were set to passage.
When I set them to wall the frames needed arased again to open the freeform wall passages.
this fixed it for me.
but like I said, the doors never showed up.

also have you pressed "W" to see walkable areas?
that may show something too.
:O)

Octorok101
03-13-2003, 06:03 PM
I fixed it. the problwem was the Dmap. I have the level strecthed out over the entire map and the Dmap does not reach that far. So after 3 hours of copy,paste and redo I go it working. Thanks !