PDA

View Full Version : "I would like a Quarter Pounder Combo with some WiFi Internet and a large Dr Pepper"

AlexMax
03-11-2003, 04:12 PM
http://my.aol.com/news/news_story.psp?type=3&cat=0541&id=03031100094938107

McDonald's to Offer Wireless Internet
The Associated Press
Mar 11 2003 12:09AM
NEW YORK (AP) - Would you like super-sized Internet access with that burger and fries?In a further sign of the spread of wireless Internet technology, McDonald's restaurants in three U.S. cities will offer one hour of free high-speed access to anyone who buys a combination meal.
Ten McDonald's in Manhattan will begin offering wireless WiFi, or 802.11b, Internet access on Wednesday, McDonald's spokeswoman Lisa Howard said

:D :D COOL! :D :D

Hopefully, they won't go the way of Starbucks and sign an exclusive deal with MSN to get it....

inori
03-11-2003, 06:09 PM
Well, since I wanted to reply to this, I split out ban-boy's post and merged it into the other thread.

In any case, nifty. Here at my school, there are a few cafes down the street with wireless access for the CS department (the professors paid to have the WAP installed :kawaii: ). It's pretty handy to be able to be online during lunch...

Jigglysaint
03-11-2003, 07:10 PM
This is totally off topic, but I though that Mc Donalds had a deal with Coke? Dr. Pepper is Pepsi territory, you'd more likely to fidn it at Burger King.

AlexMax
03-11-2003, 07:24 PM

NO IT IS NOT!!!!

Mr. Pibb is Pepsi. Dr. Pepper is Coke.

fatcatfan
03-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Actually, Dr. Pepper is independant. Whether they are bottled by Pepsi or Coke is a regional thing.

AlexMax
03-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Oh.....did not know that....

bigjoe
03-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Now itll be a real trip if ISPs start offering food :laughing:

I wouldnt want to eat an AOL burger! It would be unnecessarily big , about the size of my head. And beleive me , I have a very large head.

Not to mention loaded with things that you wouldnt find on a burger, like kitchen utensils and school supplies.

Jigglysaint
03-11-2003, 10:03 PM
not to mention that the AOL burger would take too long to order, prone to being dropped on the floor periodically, and catered to the lowest common denominator and make with low quality beef(just like at Micky D's)

Raichu86
03-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Nice. I hope that spreads beyond just 3 cities.

A McDonald's in a town a ways out (I forgot its name... I wanna say Granger, but I don't think that's right) has 4 N64's with various games such as Super Smash Bros and Mario Golf. It's pretty cool. They've even got two controllers on each. :D But the controllers are so low that anybody over 10 will probably have to crouch to reach them. :sweat:

Ich
03-12-2003, 01:13 PM
I think they offer WiFi internet at some gas stations (Hess?), as announced by (I think) Motorola at Comdex.

fatcatfan
03-12-2003, 01:30 PM
http://www.boingo.com/

"Sniff" for live Wi-Fi networks. Manage all your Wi-Fi connections at home, the office and on the road.

http://www.boingo.com/search.html

Search the location directory below or in the Boingo client software to find a Wi-Fi location near you or where you are travelling.

AlexMax
03-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Jigglysaint
not to mention that the AOL burger would take too long to order, prone to being dropped on the floor periodically, and catered to the lowest common denominator and make with low quality beef(just like at Micky D's)

God damnit Jigglysaint, not ANOTHER fucking "What if <insert ordinary thing here> was made by <a random computer company>" joke....

/me kills himself