PDA

View Full Version : zelda cant save

Shadowrye
03-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Hello i hope some one can help me when i try to save after dying or bring up the top menu the game returns to windows and says there is a erer with ntdvm.exe i cant get any help any were else please help i have windows xp pro with a nviada tnt2 m64 32mb video card what seems to be the problem

Teilyr
03-11-2003, 01:05 PM
Ntvdm.exe has to do with XP's dos emulation. So, it seems that you're either using version 1.90, or a dos version of 1.92.

Make sure that you have the windows version of 1.92. It can be downloaded from the link at the top of this forum.

Verbatim
03-11-2003, 05:58 PM
That's pretty much it, use zelda-w.exe, not zelda.exe.

The best version of ZC to use is not actually the one at the top of this forum though...the best place to go is here (http://www.zcnetwork.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=449). Download the Windows version of b182 (click on the "ZC for Windows" link under b182), and the support archive from the same location...then get the b183 player, and install it to the same folder (after you install b182 there). Let it write over zelda-w.exe...the b182 version has a lot of debugging keys turned on that should have been off, which makes it hard to play. The b183 version fixes that, and works fine with b182 quests (Zquest wasn't changed from b182 to b183, just Zelda and Zelda-w).

If you're planning to make your own quest, you might want to re-name the b182 zelda-w.exe first, so you can use it for bug-testing your quest...if you're just looking to play, the b183 player is best.

On a side-note...there may be a few problems still with support for 1.90 quests in b183, though it should work well most of the time. Once the next full version is released, those problems should be completely gone.