PDA

View Full Version : A few questions....

Yoshiman
03-09-2003, 07:56 PM
1) How do you get rid of the undercombo thingy when you hit a tile with the boomerang? I'm trying to make a bridge appear when you hit the switch with the Magic Boomerang. I can get the bridge to appear, but the switch turns to a default orange color. How do I change this? Same with the arrows.

2) When I make a bombable wall, That same orange tile comes up, but this time, it's a layer. I can walk under it. What happened? I have the cave door set, but that stupid thing won't go away!!

Note: I'm using the latest beta. I think it's build 182.

Freedom
03-09-2003, 09:39 PM
just put what you want to appear in secret combo

Teilyr
03-10-2003, 05:11 AM
Correct. You're setting the wrong -combo. Click on Data, then scroll down to secret combos.

On the left side of the screen, you'll see Link's various items. Click on whichever one you're wanting to use for a situation, and place the tile that you want to appear after you hit the onscreen tile with whatever item.

For example, if I have an unlit orb, and I want it to light when I hit it with the fire boomerang, I'd click on the 3rd boomerang square, scroll down to the lit orb and hit enter.

Then, I'd press f8 and select fire boomerang from that list. Then, I'd place that flag on the unlit orb, and press ESC. I now have a flagged orb. :)

When I hit the orb with the fire brang, it will trigger any 16-31 secret combos on the screen, so if I'd want a bridge to appear when I hit the orb, I'd set it up in those squares in the f8 menu.

Understand? :)

Yoshiman
03-10-2003, 07:32 AM
Ok, I see what I did wrong with the boomerang and arrow thing, but I'm still stuck with the cave. I can enter the cave with no problem, but there is an orange layer that comes up and hides the cave entrance.

Teilyr
03-10-2003, 08:53 AM
*ponders*

If your door combo sets are setup correctly, I see no reason that this should be happening. I'm pretty rusty though, so maybe someone else can help ya.