PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Fighters

stormwatcheagle
03-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Ever since I first played Street Fighter 2 turbo a long time ago, I was hooked on the Capcom style fighter. I liked the flashy moves, the speed of game play, the many different strategies there are to winning. My brother and I are constantly squaring off with the classic Ryu(me) vs. Ken(my bro) scenario. I using the learn the basic codes for all street fighter games method and he being a button masher. He can press the buttons so fast, the game doesn't catch all his commands. Right know, we own SF2 turbo, SF3W Impact, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I plan on picking up Super Street fighter 2 and Capcom vs. SDK. I'm also looking into the Alpha line. what are your thoughts on the Capcom fighter.

Brasel
03-11-2003, 01:56 AM
I thought it was great until it was too overdone. After not having played any capcom or street fighter games for years, I picked up Street Fighter EX3 or whatever from blockbuster and played that for a bit. It was fun...but after playing Soul Calibur...no fighting game seems all that great anymore.

MottZilla
03-11-2003, 02:11 AM
The system doesn't ever "miss" a command. It catches every button press. Wether it does anything is up to hte game code.

Anyway, I love Capcom fighters. I actually own Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighter (USA) the arcade board set. I'll leave it at that. ;)

mikeron
03-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
My brother and I are constantly squaring off with the classic Ryu(me) vs. Ken(my bro) scenario.Ken is better. :tongue:

When I play with my siblings, we always have a rule that "nobody's allowed to use Dahlsim."

Kairyu
03-11-2003, 03:40 PM
Heh, I used to think Street Fighter 2 and it's descendants were just knowing one of about 10 different 34-button attacks, and the ability to perform any one in less than a second... then I saw Mega Man in Marvel Vs. Capcom, and I though, WTF? And being the Mega Man fan I was, I tried it out... I've slowly been trying new Capcom fighters ever since.... Really, really, REALLY slowly, but I have...

I got Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO recently, and I'm amazed at how different it feels from MvC... I like it though...

Ken's my best character too, though. My brother doesn't play much (Or very well [not that I do too hot myself...]) but he likes watching me fight, especially against Dan, for some reason... I think he likes laughing at that darned pink outfit....

stormwatcheagle
03-11-2003, 06:35 PM
I stick with Ryu because he mirrors my friend Sub-Zero command wise.

Soul Caliber? Never played it.

mrz84
03-11-2003, 07:28 PM
let's see, i'd say sakura and gen are my two favs. mainly gen because he's a badass. :kawaii:

Link 101
03-11-2003, 07:47 PM
I love Street Fighters. That game is so awesome. I have SF2T, that game is so awesome! My favorite people to be are M. Bison, Ken, or Ryu.

MottZilla
03-11-2003, 08:58 PM
storm, Sub-Zero mirrors Ryu? Aside from the extremely generic fireball motion, he isn't at all the same. However I do ussually play as Ken/Ryu in SF, and SubZero in MK.

Brasel
03-12-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
I stick with Ryu because he mirrors my friend Sub-Zero command wise.

Soul Caliber? Never played it.

Be sure to pick up Soul Caliber 2 when it comes out. Its going to be on all three major systems, so you will probably be able to play it. Trust me, this series makes Street Fighter look like poo...but don't get me wrong, I still like Street Fighter just fine.

MottZilla
03-12-2003, 04:28 AM
Soul Calibur 2 is indeed a great game. However it focuses more on complex combos/weaponry than Street Fighter. They both have their place in my opinion. However, I would probably rather play SC2 than SF, and definitly if it were SFEX3 which was just recycle.

Link 101
03-12-2003, 04:33 PM
I like the Marvle vs Capcom games. I like fighting games because I can master special techniques fairly quick. I would have to say that RPGs are better though.