PDA

View Full Version : posts aren't displaying...

Ganonator
03-09-2003, 05:34 AM
I made a post in ZD a few minutes ago, yet the front page still says the last post in that forum was C's on the 25th of Feb.

No, my browser isn't just being stupid. I think there's something up with the database.

i'm going to check again after making this post, and if GD updates, and ZD doesn't... i'll make a note either way... :D

EDIT::

The post in ZD doesn't show, and this post shows. Strange.

Thunderbird
03-09-2003, 05:37 AM
When did you make said post? You are currently listed as being the last user to post in that forum, with the following post:

hmmm....

my first quest took about 3 months - not quite 3 a month. I can't even vote on this one. (Current time w/ J:R - something like 9 months.. wtf)

Ganonator
03-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Sorry... sorry... stupid error on my part w/ the forum names, Tbird

It is now corrected to read 'ZD' instead of 'ZCD' ... Zelda Classic Development Forums.. this isn't the first time i've done that

Thunderbird
03-09-2003, 05:43 AM
I found that post in ZC Discussion, and can't find a forum that fits with the ZD initials, so I'm still assuming you mean ZC Discussion ;).

But I did notice something a little odd about that thread I saw the post in. The last reply on the forum page is said to be Today at 12:49am (I'm in the Pacific time zone), but the last reply I see in the thread was posted yesterday at 10:51PM. Huh?

Ganonator
03-09-2003, 05:49 AM
ZC Tester Forums. Hope that clears up the confusion
http://members.fortunecity.com/ganonator1/tester.jpg

Cronic
03-09-2003, 06:04 AM
Interesting query indeed. It's doing the same for me for what it's worth.

Not sure what it could be though... from my understanding those forums are heavily modified in ways my mere intellect could only begin to fathom...

/me hops in chat to find SB and figure out what's up if anything.

Shadowblazer
03-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Hmm, odd. Only thing I can figure is that it was one of those odd board lag issues. The database query that inserts the new post into the database went through but the query that updates the forum info to display the last post timed out. I just posted a new thread in that forum and it showed up correctly on the main page. Then I deleted it and it now correctly displays your post, Ganonator, as the most recent.

:shrug:

Ganonator
03-10-2003, 04:22 AM
that's a pretty strange bug. Thanks for checking it out...

Cronic
03-10-2003, 06:30 AM
seems to have caught up :shrug: